Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Read my pet please

(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

This thread is for anyone who wishes for people to read their pet. Please post a photo under 200KB and tell us what is going on with your furbaby that you might need help with.  This is not to substitute for veterinary treatment. 

tybin and Unk p reacted
Topic Tags
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Can anyone tell me about my Rooney? Ever since the pandemic, she has become such a quiet little thing. She seems to have gone from extrovert to introvert. Sometimes she just stares at me. 

tybin, Baba, Unk p and 1 people reacted
(@pearle922)
Estimable Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell Awwwww. What a sweetie! How old is Rooney? I have a similar sized and looking dog (except he's brown). Robbie is going on 14 years. A few years back, Robbie, who had lots of personality and was very active, became subdued and would sometimes just stare at me. He also just refuses to walk away from home (like an old horse, he doesn't want to leave the barn but will gallop back to it). So I carry him to the park down the street, where we sit on a bench and watch traffic go by. I think Robbie might have some age related cognitive issues, but he still seems to enjoy life--i.e., treats, belly rubs, and cuddling.

Jeanne Mayell and Baba reacted
(@ghandigirl)
Illustrious Member Registered

My little cat  Cleo is feeling poorly. She had to stay overnight with the vet and maybe tomorrow night with the expected snowfall. She sleeps with me every night.

I feel her confusion. I am actively sending her my presence. I am wondering if she is scared and if I will need to worry about some lab tests.

Jeanne Mayell, Baba, Freya and 1 people reacted
(@ghandigirl)

Cleo sweetest cat ever

Lovendures, Barbara, Jeanne Mayell and 2 people reacted
(@pearle922)
Estimable Member Registered

I hope Cleo gets well and is home with you very soon.

(@freya)
Noble Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell   The pandemic was a shocking event… it was one of many current trends which have shattered our expectations of life in the wealthy so-called Western World. That may be why Rooney changed her demeanor…

She seems worried about you …. Your health or perhaps occasional disruptions are pushing you off center?

The news is literally toxic these days. Pets feel what we feel...

All our fur babies worry when those dreaded suitcases appear.  It means Mom is going somewhere… LOL  

Time for a cuddle and a reassuring talk with sweet little Rooney… she just wants you to be happy. ❤️

(@freya)
Noble Member Registered

@ghandigirl Ah yes Cleo—reader of minds and hearts—I’m sending her some loving, healing Reiki.

(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@pearle922 Rooney is turning 9 in March.  She has moments of bursting energy, like when she first goes outside or when it snowed recently, she was like a lamb leaping through the snow.  But she then wants to get back home and, yes, will burst into speed to get home.  Thanks for seeing that about her.

Lovendures reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@freya You got Rooney square on.  She does worry about me when I feel fretful about what is going on in the world. Also I was away a lot this past summer when a friend lost her husband and I traveled to help out. Am back now though. When I'd pull out the suitcase, Rooney plop herself in it as if to ensure she'd go with me. We always have the same pet/house sitter stay with her overnight when we go away. She's much loved and cared for.

Lovendures reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@matildagirl, you were right that I might regret making a thread asking for any kind of insight.  (I will email you about your question with some thoughts)  But I realized right away that it requires more than just a quick post to help with a question like yours and for the moment, I have to see if there is a way to do this that is not going to overwhelm us. I won't leave you hanging though.  Look for my email or reach out to me via the contact form of the website to remind me to get back to you.  

I had a burst of thoughts (all good) about you and your question but realized it was too much to cover in a post and best to keep it in a private email. 

matildagirl reacted
(@seaholly)
Reputable Member Moderator

When I look at Rooney @jeanne-mayell, I sense a lot of love and protectiveness coming from her. She loves her humans and home and is a very happy dog. I hear the word « serene » when I scan how she feels about her home environment. I sense that the older she gets, the more she is able to not only notice but understand energy and feelings coming from her humans and surrounding environment. When she was younger, her « happy go lucky » attitude greatly influenced how she dealt with her world and helped her overlook the many things she is now more incline to notice. Because of this, I sense a seriousness and a wish on her part to « lighten up » her humans’ feelings and the environment they sometimes find themselves in. She doesn’t always know how to do this but in her own doggo way, will try to decrease what she perceives as a burden to her humans. This is done out of love.

(@rennie)
Estimable Member Participant

@jeanne-mayell I'm very new to contributing to this forum (but longtime lurker). I just wanted to add that I looked forward to responses to that thread.

It feels empowering to focus on caring for our own lives and working out the tangles for improvement and solutions. I feel so overwhelmed by news developments and especially things going so dark for women. I don't want to unplug from following news developments but there's a sense of hopelessness that's hard to overcome.

What you proposed reminds me of action partners and recovery in 12 step programs, which can be very beneficial and add light.It's important not to languish or diminish our own potential for improvement and better lives even during what seems to be a darker phase on the macro level. 

(@ghandigirl)

Jeanne

I had the same feeling about Rooney that others have expressed. She may have picked up on the anxiety of that time. I would think that she is intuitively connected to you and felt your anxiety also. I'm not sure if that's correct though.

Updating on Cleo- Vet is keeping her another night. She has tapeworms. Although she is an indoor cat, we do have mice that get in to the house and a few weeks back she killed one and then stood over it to show us it was her kill and not from my other cat, who is a big time hunter and goes in and out. I know she is being well cared for, the vet loves her and she loves the vet, and I am relieved that it was nothing worse.  Thanks for the reiki and well wishes. 

Jeanne Mayell and Unk p reacted
(@unk-p)

Posted by: @jeanne-mayell

Can anyone tell me about my Rooney? Ever since the pandemic, she has become such a quiet little thing. She seems to have gone from extrovert to introvert. Sometimes she just stares at me. 

Jeanne, you might not like this answer, but since you asked: i think she is a little bored, or under-stimulated.  Remember the videos you posted with Rooney and Kitty, when they were playing and romping all over the house?  I think she needs a playmate.  Would you mind getting her a kitten or a doggie friend?  Or even a ferret? 

k thanks!

Freya and Jeanne Mayell reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@unk-p you are correct that she is bored.  not only did she lose her kitty best friend, but Tommy moved out to live with his gf and it's just us old guys now.  She needs a friend but it won't do if it's a young friend.  She doesn't like puppies.  Both my grown kids have puppies now and Rooney now thinks puppies are a pain in the butt. Tom's puppy comes over and wants to play by jumping on her and Rooney turns her head away as if to say, NO! I'd have to find another 8 or 9 year old. However, she might enjoy a kitten.  Lemme think about that. I wonder if we could foster a kitty to see how it goes. I'd so love to see Rooney happy again. 

@seaholly,  your thoughts about Rooney are so wondrous.  I almost went into a trance reading them. I love what you wrote!!! Thank you.

@ghandigirl, thank you for your thoughts about Rooney.  Yes, I do feel she is an empath and picks up on  anxiety. My husband is a very chill person and Rooney loves cuddling with him.  She also hangs around me but it seems more just wants to be close by since I'm more active. 

Unk p reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@rennie I am so glad you appeared on our forum.  Welcome, welcome, welcome!  Your comments made my heart sing. Yes, it is empowering to help others. And especially during these times when news is overwhelming. I think it is significant that when we started doing positive predictions a few years ago,  sometimes deliberately focusing on the positive, our accuracy shot up. Love is light, and light is being awake with eyes open, so positivity is really seeing.  

You are so right about how the 12 step program fits much of how people can be truly helped in the world.  I love that program; so much wisdom in taking things one day at a time, in helping each other through. In come ways, our Circle of Light is similar to those 12-step meetings. We focus on love - ourselves, each other, and the world.  It's a win-win-win. I look forward to reading your thoughts here!

Rennie and Unk p reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@ghandigirl Cleo looks both wiley and an old soul. She also has a sense of humor and when she is feeling well, she's a trickster. How is she now?

ghandigirl reacted
(@ghandigirl)

@jeanne-mayell 

So much better. She is  exploring a bit. She's  weak and fell off twice trying to jump on the cat tree but didn't give up. She is no longer hunched over in pain. The vet sedated her and removed the rest of the matted fur I couldnt untangle . She had stopped grooming herself. She's pretty exhausted but she is on the mend and her tests were good. She now will only need to be dosed one time daily for hypothyroid, Her liver has improved since July and she gained a pound! It's miraculous.

(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Update on my fur-baby.  I am making strides in keeping Rooney entertained. She's picking up on it and enjoys tossing her kibble around like it's prey. I help with this.  I am sending away from some puppy puzzles that I know she will enjoy. And taking her out more to chase after rabbits. She knows the word Rabbits, which to her means anything outside that moves - owls, fox, coyotes, rabbits and squirels are mean rabbits. So we are going hunting for rabbits more times a day now and she is happy about that. She never catches anything, though. She doesn't really want to catch them. Just play. @unk-p

Vesta, tybin, ghandigirl and 2 people reacted
Share: