Out of Body Experie...

Notifications
Clear all

Out of Body Experiences

(@ana)
Illustrious Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hopefully this is not off-topic for this website-- I think it would go under the umbrella of "intuitive wisdom". 

Anyhow, I have had occasional out-of-body-experiences (oobe's) all my life, or at least that's what they feel like.  Usually I enter them from dreams or from half-asleep naps.  A couple of nights ago I "found myself" walking down the hall of my workplace.  I was aware that I was not "really" there and felt it was an OOBE  (as opposed to a lucid dream, which I have frequently).  I decided I would try to prove it for myself.  So in the OOBE state I placed a couple of cardboard boxes up against a particular door, figuring if I found them there in the morning in "reality", I would have proven I had had an OOBE. Next, I saw a woman coming down the hall.  I was trying to figure out how to not to be seen while remaining delicately balanced in the OOBE state-- I was unsuccessful and ended up snapping out of it and waking up.  It was about 4 AM.  After coffee the next morning I realized that it would probably not have been possible for me to move any boxes in an OOB state and sure enough, there were no boxes against the door when I went in to work.    So this has left me wondering if there's any way to "prove" an OOBE.  I have only had one OOBE in my life with independent confirmation--- that involved me witnessing a conversation from about a thousand miles away.  Said conversation in said location (where I'd never been before) was confirmed by one of the participants several months later.  But we were unable to remember the exact dates of the event(s) and some of the details about the location were off.  But in general, what I saw and heard really happened. 

So with that long explanation as to why I'm interested, does anyone know of anyway to leave evidence of an OOBE behind while you are having one?   Thanks for any insights. 

lenor, BlueBelle, Vesta and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cyborgprincess)
Estimable Member Registered

I find astral projection fascinating. I think that proving it physically would be hard though. For one thing how can you tell if an object is really there or is just a thought form? And then how much energy would it take to effect physical things from an astral state. Don't stop trying though, that would be pretty cool.

lenor, Iridium, lenor and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

@ana wondering if the lady you saw was part of the cleaning crew?  Who else would be in the office at 4am ?  She may have seen your boxes, and moved them back to where they usually go, lol.

Cyborgprincess, Vesta, lenor and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@ana, such a fun post!  Here are my thoughts: 

Because you were asleep, it is hard to know if you were out of your body and the mind cannot easily move matter.  

Once while I was awake, I had an out of body experience that was unmistakable.  I can't prove it, but I'm not one to quickly believe things without evidence.  I was awake, though meditating, and believe it was real.  I left my body and soared up into the earth's atmosphere and looked down. But I wasn't there in my body, only my mind, so there was no thought of moving anything, just floating and observing. The vision however was so vivid, so real, including seeing the clouds moving below me, that I was certain it was happening. 

On Wednesday nights during our Circle of Light sessions, I believe some of us have out of body experiences when we visit people in ICU. It is difficult to say, however, it these are remote viewing or out of body experiences because the two methods are similar.  Some of us have felt we were actually visiting the closed isolated ICU rooms of Covid-sufferers, so that would be out of body experiences.  One person even told me that after "visiting" an unknown patient's room each week, she later saw the room was empty.  She was sure the patient recovered and gone home. 

My thought is that out of body experiences are much clearer than remote viewing. I really sense that I am there, although I can only see, not hear, touch or smell the surroundings.

When I'm remote viewing, it feels more like I am seeing it through a telescope,  like when in early 2007 I saw Obama getting sworn in at the 2009 Inauguration. I peered at the Inauguration and saw a far off image of a black man on the stage. In general, remote viewing visions for me are fuzzier and feel more mental, while out of body feels physical, like I am truly there in that moment. 

You asked how you could prove you were out of body.  Well since you didn't have your body with you,  then you would not be able to easily pick up anything and move it.  I believe we can move matter with our minds, but it takes enormous concentration and will power, and moving boxes around just to prove a point is not enough of a reason to garner all that concentration and will power.

We are talking here about the power of mind over matter, which doesn't have to involve an OOBE. Usually we need a lot of desire to make that happen. Lifting a car off a child, or shrinking a tumor with your mind, is moving matter with the mind that we might be motivated enough to do.

Cyborgprincess, Iridium, Moonbeam and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ana)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @jeanne-mayell

@ana, such a fun post!  Here are my thoughts: 

Because you were asleep, it is hard to know if you were out of your body and the mind cannot easily move matter.  

My thought is that out of body experiences are much clearer than remote viewing. I really sense that I am there, although I can only see, not hear, touch or smell the surroundings.

In general, remote viewing visions for me are fuzzier and feel more mental, while out of body feels physical, like I am truly there in that moment. 

You asked how you could prove you were out of body.  Well since you didn't have your body with you,  then you would not be able to easily pick up anything and move it.  I believe we can move matter with our minds, but it takes enormous concentration and will power, and moving boxes around just to prove a point is not enough of a reason to garner all that concentration and will power.

Hi Jeanne,  Thanks for your comments.  When I have what I classify as an OOBE, I can indeed touch and smell and hear everything.  It feels real-- not like a dream (even a lucid dream), even though I have always entered these so-called OOBE's through an asleep or half-asleep state.  I realize it must take tremendous will and energy to affect a physical object if one is not in the physical state--- that's why in the morning I doubted I would actually find the boxes in place--- still I keep wondering if there's some other sign or signal I could give myself.   As I have never been able to pre-plan an OOBE, it's not like I can station an observer to watch for my ethereal form (if that would even show). 

Just as an aside, however, I do frequently have dreams where I can move objects with my mind and sometimes I show off and people in the dream think its cool.   Not sure what that's about, though. 

Thanks again 

Cyborgprincess, Jess, Vesta and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: