Notifications
Clear all

The Blessings of this Holiday Season

(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator
Topic starter  

Christmas is nearly here and the New Year is fast approaching. 

As the year 2020  enters its final days, I find myself thinking of the meaning of Christmas and all that has occurred this eventful year.

I am so grateful to be here among you, among the living and breathing and among this community of lighter workers and friends. In the year 2020, these words have great significance and meaning.  

We have weathered many storms together, faced our mortality, our fears and ourselves.  We have stared deeply into the mirror and found the stuff of which we are made. We have discovered our true strengths and weaknesses. We have learned how to love fiercely from a distance, show compassion to strangers, find humor in the incomprehensible and comprehend the bizarre.  

We have seen the light rise on a new dawn and found miracles of hope answer our prayers.  

We have learned to trust our intuition more,  and ask for help when needed.  

We may be exhausted and battered, but we are here today.  Together.

No one knew what would unfold when 2020 began, but together we stand taller and wiser.  We have survived everything thrown at us.  Some of us have lost dear family members and friends, others our sense of normalcy and peace.  Some of us have felt isolated and alone as never before.

But we have also gained a great deal.  We have gained an understanding of what is important, of how to be better humans, the reality of the inequalities and injustices our  brothers and sisters have endured and continue to endure.  We have found creative ways to stand up for what is good and right.  We have thrown light at darkness, called out evil and discovered angels guiding us onward.  We have re-discovered our democracy is fragile and worth fighting for.  We have found that we can make a difference and that we are not alone.  We have embrced love to lift us higher

As 2020 comes to it's final chapter, I am honored to be here at this time during this particular history of earth.  I am honored to be here with all of you in a loving and caring community created by our dear Jeanne.  May we continue to be the lighthouses on the stormy sea coasts, those beacons of hope guiding each other when we are lost and frightened, guiding us to safer harbors, guiding us lovingly home.  May we feel the peaceful calm of a light filled dawn, the promise of a new beginning and all the wonderful possibilities those promises hold.  

I wish for everyone peace, love and hope.  May all of us enter 2021 as firebirds rising from the ash of 2020 and soaring above it to new wondrous heights. 

May our community continue to be a blessing next year and for many years to come. 

Merry Christmas and Happiest of New Years.

Isabelle, Baba, Michele and 43 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Such a powerful tribute and blessing, @lovendures.  Beautiful.  Thank you, my friend.

I thank all of you for the unwavering love, support, wisdom, and laughter you have generously shared with me this past year.  You are all such kind and beautiful souls.  You’ve touched and changed my life in myriad ways.  It fills my heart with joy, and I will be forever grateful.

May the coming New Year fill your hearts with joy, peace, and many blessings.  ???    

Isabelle, Baba, Michele and 33 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cindy)
Illustrious Member Registered Participant

Merry Christmas to all, & prayers for a wonderful new yesr. Just beautiful @lovendures.

I've had little to no Christmas spirit this year. Very atypical for me. I'm better after my surgery, but taking it slow as the doc said. I don't go out excrpt for what's necessary-like grocery shopping. When I do go out, Monica lets me kmow she's near by the Christmas carols that play. I'm not depressed, just in a holding pattern. I think by next week I'll probably be antsy enough to start planning & undertaking household projects. 

I get the distinct feeling that next year will start off rocky & seemingly ominously for us all, but like the saying goes referring to spring- in like a lion, out like a lamb. 

I tried to get to the beach for a clear view & photo opportunity on the solstice, but so did so many others. There was no place to park. While it was disappointing to not get a picture. It was heartwarming to find that so many ventured out, signaling how many were joyful and hopeful.

Like many, I've lost family this year, and I anticipate losing more in the not so distant future, yet I see & feel hope on the horizon-not just for myself, but for humanity in general. 

Upheaval & discord are always precursors to change. Without symptoms illnesses can't be diagnosed to then be properly treated. This is where we are now-we're moving past diagnosis into healing-both in terms of democracy & the pandemic. Healing most often isn't painless. 

Hang in there everyone. Enjoy whatever holiday you celebrate in whatever form it takes this year. Just like spring- rejuvenation may not be here yet,, but it's on the way.

Isabelle, Baba, Stargazer and 33 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 lynn
(@lynn)
Illustrious Member Registered

This community has been a blessing. I've learned so much from all of you and I look forward to a new year of reading everyone's posts and being a part of this great group project. Thank you to Jeanne for being its amazing creator and host, and to all of you for being such wonderful folks.

Happy Holidays all!!

Isabelle, Baba, Michele and 33 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@luminous)

Merry Christmas to you all.

I am so blessed to have discovered this community.

May 2021 bring us all healing, love, light and happiness.

Have a great Christmas / holidays.

?

Isabelle, Baba, Michele and 27 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mtgal99)
Prominent Member Registered

I am so very thankful that I found this community as things were starting to get very hard for me. I have only been with you all a short time, but am so very grateful for all of you. May you enjoy the Holiday season to it's fullest and have a very loving and light filled New Year. With 2021 comes good changes and I am looking forward to sharing those changes with all of you.

Blessing and good health to you all ❤️ ? 

Isabelle, Baba, Michele and 31 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@febbby23)

@lovendures that was beautiful.   Thank you and blessings to you and yours. ❤️

Isabelle, Tiger-n-Owl, Stargazer and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jkl1907)
Estimable Member Registered

I want to make wish everyone a happy holiday season and thank you for all your posts that have gotten me through this year and the last four years.  Everyone’s posts brought me so much hope when I most needed it.  Thank you!

Isabelle, Michele, Stargazer and 29 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

Wow, @lovendures,  what a lovely and loving post!  I am going to put a copy of it in the Hall of Fame, so that it will be easy to find and read all year long.  Wish i could put a copy of *you* in the Hall of Beautiful Souls.

Peace and Love, and Happy Holidays to the entire Forum family!

Isabelle, Michele, Stargazer and 27 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@jkl1907. Thank you from all of us and welcome to the Forum!   Bless you and have a great holiday!  

Isabelle, Luminous, Stargazer and 23 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@marcosromao)
Reputable Member Registered

Thanks for everything you and all the members of the forum have done to help us navigate such somber times. Happy holidays everyone. Much light in 2021!

Isabelle, Luminous, Baba and 29 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@marcosromao. Thank you too!

fajm, FEBbby23, Vesta and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger-n-owl)
Honorable Member Registered

To all my light working friends-

Happy Holidays to everyone! So happy and grateful we all found each other here on this site. Hoping for peace and strength in 2021 :-)

Luminous, Baba, Michele and 21 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 PamP
(@pamp)
Famed Member Registered

This site has been a blessing, a welcome sanctuary from the craziness of the past couple of years. It's nice to be here, and while we still have some things to deal with in the future, it's good to know we have each other and that connection to the Universe we can share and that's giving me hope. 

Isabelle, Luminous, Baba and 27 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

I think someone here said that this would be the holiest of Holiday Seasons. 

This forum has helped me to see the miracles that are always unfolding around us.  Thank you everyone.           

Isabelle, Luminous, Baba and 25 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@liln22)
Prominent Member Registered

Wishing you all blessings of joy, peace and harmony. I thank you for being people and a place that gave a sense of hope to get through a very difficult time. Many times it has (and still is on some days) felt like there is no light ahead but coming here has helped me feel like there is--a light that is burning bright and steady.  Sometimes we never know what words will give us such a deep and inspiring connection. Thank you all again and wishing much peace, strength and courage ahead.

Isabelle, Luminous, Baba and 21 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 fajm
(@fajm)
Estimable Member Registered

Merry Xmas to all ? 

Luminous, Michele, Coyote and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stargazer)

?????

Happy Christmas everyone!

Thank you for all of the blessings of light that you have so courageously and lovingly brought here to the forum ...

Angels all around you ?

fajm, Luminous, Michele and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Happy holidays to all this day.  You have no idea of the joy and peace you have brought to me and so many others. Thank you, thank you all. ❤️ 

fajm, Isabelle, Luminous and 23 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

I got a double gift. First, Perth, Australia radio host Chris Ilsley gave me a chance to tell the world of the blessings we can expect in 2021. The 10 minute reading was divinely inspired. He is a wonderful interviewer. Click this to hear the interview.  

Then last night Mary Ann Bohrer who wrote the Gift Within Us, heard the interview and wants to promote it in the U.S. She sent me her pitch to the media which is lovely.  Here it is with Mary Ann's highlights and the transcript is in the next post.

Highlights of my  Predictions for 2021 fora  radio interview: (see next post if you want to read the whole interview): 

-- 2021 is going to be much better than 2020, it is going to be kind of a "golden year"

-- I had seen 2020 coming for a long time. I had posted years ago that 2020 was going to be a pivotal year, and that it was going to be like a crash year. But that it would be a reset too. And our values would be reset too. I think that gratitude, appreciation for each other, for love, for caring for the earth, is going to be a reaction that we will start to see in 2021.

--  In 2021, it will be a sense of gratitude, like the sun is coming out. In fact, I meditated briefly for this interview, just so that I could be fresh with anything I might be seeing, and the first vision I got was the sun – the sun is always a good symbol – it’s a symbol of enlightenment, of light, of happiness, of joy – mostly of joy. I think we’re in for something good.

-- 2021 is going to be the beginning of a new age, of a sense of higher mind, or people less concerned about selfishness or greed, and more concerned about the welfare of all beings. It sounds very ideal, but we’re coming off of a period of literally decades of a sort of darker period of materialism. And that’s going to shift. And we can thank 2020 for that.

-- I really think that we are going to get a new respect for what could happen if we continue to abuse the earth. And we’re going to be more careful about paying attention to science. And I think COVID’s helping us with that.  

-- Jeanne Mayell

fajm, Isabelle, Luminous and 27 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 4
Share: