Notifications
Clear all

Rooftop Revolving Lounge #3!

(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Hey fellow treehuggers, get a load of this: https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTL8EVa5P/

It turns out that hugging trees reduces stress, reduces cortisol levels, helps your heart rate and other organs.  Walking among trees has the same affect. I have "read" trees when I'm stressed. I ask them if things are going to be okay and they are soothing and wise.

@bluebelle @deetoo @lovendures @seaholly @teriz @tonyaw @baba @cc21@unk-p

Dracaena, Lauren, earthangel and 6 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dannyboy)
Illustrious Member Registered

Posted by: @jeanne-mayell

It turns out that hugging trees reduces stress, reduces cortisol levels, helps your heart rate and other organs.  Walking among trees has the same affect. I have "read" trees when I'm stressed. I ask them if things are going to be okay and they are soothing and wise.

please always tag Dannyboy in tree posts 😍🥰

Vesta, Jeanne Mayell, CC21 and 6 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@jeanne-mayell Oh boy, you know how much I love this topic.  In Japan, people practice forest bathing (walking in the forest) and our very own NIH has published a Japanese study on the physiological and psychological benefits of that practice. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6589172/

When you put that together with emerging scientific theories about the sentience of trees, well to me it stands to reason that  we can tap into that tree energy. Why not try sending trees the same loving kindness that we send to one another?

https://e360.yale.edu/features/are_trees_sentient_peter_wohlleben

And for those who read the cards, that process opens up our intuitive processes.  When we read the cards, we partially do that by seeing what part of the card stands out us.  When you go into the forest or your own backyard, see what stands out when you observe trees.  You may discover that you’re tapping into tree energy and intuitive thoughts come to mind.

Vesta, Tesseract, Jeanne Mayell and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@earthangel)
Famed Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell One of the best gifts on Cape is our inviting woods. I’ve hugged trees for years but haven’t attempted to read them but do commune w them. Several yrs ago the Natl Seashore Park Rangers led a forest bathing experience in Ptown’s Beech Forest and it was a profound experience. Usually I’d never hug a tree in front of strangers… now I don’t care. We also each read a Mary Oliver poem. I chose this poem, “When I Am Among the Trees.” Enjoy! 

When I am among the trees,
especially the willows and the honey locust,
equally the beech, the oaks and the pines,
they give off such hints of gladness.
I would almost say that they save me, and daily.

I am so distant from the hope of myself,
in which I have goodness, and discernment,
and never hurry through the world
but walk slowly, and bow often.

Around me the trees stir in their leaves
and call out, “Stay awhile.”
The light flows from their branches.

And they call again, “It's simple,” they say,
“and you too have come
into the world to do this, to go easy, to be filled
with light, and to shine.”

deetoo, Lovendures, Vesta and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@earthangel  I felt drawn to this twisted pine at our new house when I stepped out to take a breather from toting boxes in.

There are many trees on our 2 acre lot ..pines, oaks, hickories,persimmon and more. This pine caught my eye and drew it to me... it told me of survival and flourishing in spite of the storm that damaged its crown. How it just reached up and grew past the damage... and helps it's fellow creatures with lots of pine nuts.

I stroked it and told it thank you for sharing it's story. A vivid reminder that was quite timely advice.

Now I am off to vote!!!💙

deetoo, Vesta, Tesseract and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@earthangel)
Famed Member Registered

@journeywithme2 You’d love Beech Forest bc it’s filled w twisted pines. They really tell a story. And Yay! for Democracy!

deetoo, Vesta, Tesseract and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 CC21
(@cc21)

@jeanne-mayell I do love the trees, too, as you know! Particularly some of the sycamores in our neighborhood. Our next door neighbor has some amazing, huge old trees (I think maybe maple...) that always remind me of strong, silent sentinels. I have never tried "reading" the trees, but may have to do that next time I am in one of my favorite wooded areas!

deetoo, Vesta, earthangel and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@cc21 to "read" a tree, just ask it a question, even ask it how it's doing or what is the secret to life? Or share your worries.  I once asked if my son, who was traveling on the other side of the world off the grid, would be safe.  I got the most reassuring answer and, as anxious as I can get on a topic like that, the tree reassured me, he was okay.  I knew it was right and I felt a great relief. Another time,  I once asked a grove of old growth pines at a trail head deep in the forest near Ketchum Idaho what their secret to life was.  I felt the entire forest reverberate.  It reverberated back and forth, and I heard a resounding message that may make you laugh, but it was actually quite profound. Like giants, they responded in unison, "We just stand here!"  Through scorching hot summer, through freezing winters, through flooding springs and magnificent falls, we just endure.  We stand here. That is the secret to life." 

deetoo, gbs, Vesta and 6 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@earthangel I love that Mary Oliver poem!

deetoo, Vesta, CC21 and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @dannyboy

Posted by: @jeanne-mayell

please always tag Dannyboy in tree posts 😍🥰

Ha ha ha ha!  I will do so!

deetoo, Vesta, CC21 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @bluebelle

@jeanne-mayell Oh boy, you know how much I love this topic.  In Japan, people practice forest bathing (walking in the forest) and our very own NIH has published a Japanese study on the physiological and psychological benefits of that practice. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6589172/

When you put that together with emerging scientific theories about the sentience of trees, well to me it stands to reason that  we can tap into that tree energy. Why not try sending trees the same loving kindness that we send to one another?

https://e360.yale.edu/features/are_trees_sentient_peter_wohlleben

And for those who read the cards, that process opens up our intuitive processes.  When we read the cards, we partially do that by seeing what part of the card stands out us.  When you go into the forest or your own backyard, see what stands out when you observe trees.  You may discover that you’re tapping into tree energy and intuitive thoughts come to mind.

I love what you wrote here -- a method for "reading" trees.  Yes, I will try to see what stands out for me. I stare at trees often so I will start tomorrow morning. 

deetoo, Vesta, Tesseract and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 CC21
(@cc21)

@jeanne-mayell I love that, Jeanne! And thank you :) I will try that!

deetoo, Lauren and Vesta reacted
ReplyQuote
(@earthangel)
Famed Member Registered

Spring has sprung! Put some hopeful happy hilarity in your Spring steps…  Melanie, inspired by the Woodstock music festival, wrote this song about embracing light… which lives inside each of us if we cultivate it ☀️
“So, raise the candles high / ‘Cause if you don't we could stay black against the night / Oh, raise them higher again / And if you do we could stay dry against the rain” 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iN8rSgHKCB4

deetoo, Lauren, ghandigirl and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@earthangel)
Famed Member Registered

Today is Diana Ross’ 80th birthday. We were fortunate to see her perform once for a Poughkeepsie fundraiser, where her son attended Marist College.
And bc it’s a sorrowful day for a variety of reasons for people around the globe, I want to share this uplifting song about reaching out to others when the weight of the world weighs heavily. Spreading loving kindness is always the answer. Peace. 
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m2MsA8282z8&pp=ygU0UmVhY2ggcHV0IGFuZCB0cGljaCBzb21lYm9keXMgaGFuZCBsaXZlIGluIHJvdHRlcmRhbQ%3D%3D

deetoo, FEBbby23, Lauren and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

@earthangel 

Thank you of letting us know about her birthday and for sharing this wonderful version of this song with us. I forgot how much Ross made it her own!! 

Perfect for right now!

Happy Birthday 80th birthday to an incredible legend!

deetoo, FEBbby23, Lauren and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dannyboy)

I always weigh where the best place to post things might be before posting and this one could fit in many categories so - it's back to the revolving lounge.

K and I (I guess I can call him Kevin now at this point) were interviewed today by local news.  The story is here: https://www.newsnetmedia.com/story/50677690/story-of-selflessness-a-path-to-liver-donation  

deetoo, Maggieci, 2ndfdl and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 pafc
(@pat-czap)
Honorable Member Registered

@dannyboy This was a super special interview! Thank you for sharing.

deetoo, JourneyWithMe2, DannyBoy and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 CC21
(@cc21)

@dannyboy What a fantastic interview! Thank you for sharing that with us. ❤️

deetoo, Maggieci, JourneyWithMe2 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@dannyboy Just wanting to make me cry happy tears are ya laddie?!? 

seriously tho' this is monumental ... and you continue to lead,inspire and Light the Path. 

So proud of and for you ... the ripples are going worldwide to touch many shores before they return to you. 💜🙌💜

deetoo, Vesta and DannyBoy reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dannyboy)

@journeywithme2 I cry every day now.  It's a thing.  Tonight it was my last curriculum rollout with my mentor.  Tomorrow it'll be my last day at work.  Everything.  Makes.  Me.  Cry.  Now.  🤣

deetoo, ghandigirl, tybin and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 19 / 20
Share: