Notifications
Clear all

Reading Our Pets

(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant
Topic starter  

@moonbeam

No, no word from that rescue. Nothing. Just an auto-reply that they got the app.

Given his age (6-7 weeks), I surmise that, being a curious and brave sort, he wandered off for a moment from mom/the litter and found himself spirited away on that truck.

Went to our vet today: Total clean bill of health. None of the viral nasties.  He slept very well last night, initially in a kitty bed next to me on the bed, then he worked his way over to my neck/shoulder, and at one point I think he was using my hair as a blankie.

I texted his rescuer with all the new info (including name Django, which he agreed is a good fit), and also sent him some pics and a short video, and thanking him for saving this little creature's life.  Lots of gratitude to the universe all around.

Jeanne Mayell, deetoo, ghandigirl and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@moonbeam)
Illustrious Member Registered

@laura-f, sometimes things work out the way it should. I think he knows you're hurting, so is he. Great comfort!

Hope his mom is ok, despite losing him. Take care of your hair, cats are notorious hair clutchers ? 

Jeanne Mayell, Stargazer, deetoo and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Topic starter  

We're going to look at some tiger-y brown tabby kittens today, to see about a bro for Django (same age). Wish us luck.

I not only have not heard back from that rescue, I also don't hear back from the majority of private adoptions posted on CL, even though I offer references and to come pick up.

Jeanne Mayell, deetoo, Unk p and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@moonbeam)

@laura-f, Here we have animal shelters that take all animals in, with volunteers taking care of them and national organizations for rescue etc. Basically everything is organized the same throughout the country.

Quite confusing that all of this chances per area/state for you! That said, it doesn't really matter where he/she will come from. I know it will happen;-)

Django settling in ok? Creating a nest out of your hair?:-D

Jeanne Mayell, LalaBella, BlueBelle and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Topic starter  

Passing on today's  kittens. First, the one I was interested in was "not here anymore", second, the two males  we did see were ok but not a good fit, one has an eye injury. The other cried the whole time.She insisted on showing us Mom, who she said she had since kitten, meaning never spayed, and then her young kid said there's lots of cats and kittens all the time. So this is a backyard breeder.

I'm going to slow my roll and wait for the universe to present a male orange tabby, no rush, and frankly I'd  be ok with just Django.  He's so healthy, I'd rather have him for 18 years by himself rather than put him at risk and then have 2 cats that die at 12 within a few months of each other, as we just had.

He's a star. So smart and brave. He chased our chiweenie out of the kitchen this morning, that little 1 pound terror!

Jeanne Mayell, Baba, BlueBelle and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stargazer)

@laura-f

Lols, looks like tiny Django is going to be Top Dog at your place ?

Remember to hold the space for your returning loved one.....

Jeanne Mayell, LalaBella, Unk p and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

@laura-f one of my friends has a chi-weenie dog. But she calls it a weenie-huahua.  Thanks for the Django update- you know we are gonna need one like every day or so.

Jeanne Mayell, Stargazer, ghandigirl and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Topic starter  

I have an awesomely cute pic to post, but I'm  on hubby's tablet and I cant figure out how to resize it.

Today's kittens were a bust. Long story short: Backyard breeder, not the healthiest kittens and the one I was interested in was "no longer here". Politely backed out.

Slowing my roll and letting the universe decide and guide.

Jeanne Mayell, Unk p, Stargazer and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@suspira44)
Famed Member Registered

@laura-f I feel so bad for those poor kitties from the backyard breeder, I hope something can be done for him. Makes me sick.  Here is one of the ones we fostered. We have a new litter now. We keep them until they can be spayed/neutered and then they are put up for adoption. 

1597028757-betsy-in-box.jpg

Jeanne Mayell, Baba, LalaBella and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stargazer)

@unk-p

Hey Unk... now that you are ''The Magician' of high-tech savvy, how about posting some pics of your own little feline babies?

I'm sure that it would be delightful... ?

Jeanne Mayell, LalaBella, Unk p and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

@stargazer that is so funny! i am ridiculously low tech. I only have 1 cat pic in my computer: this is Xoltar, the runt of the litter of 3.  Her sisters are twice her size, and have really long hair. I think they are about 13 yrs old. Will try to put up some pics of her sisters another time.

1597036766-xoltar.jpg

ghandigirl, Michele, LalaBella and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stargazer)

@unk-p

Jeepers, creepers, where'd you get them peepers? Gorgeous, beautiful eyes ...

Xoltar, undoubtedly sent to you from another dimension to keep you in line.... she's looking like "What are you doing now dude??"

So you have three of these? Lucky you!

Jeanne Mayell, Unk p, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

@stargazer if you spell Xoltar backwards, it's Rat lox, which she would probably like  on a bagel w cream cheese.

@jeanne-mayell - pls delete the photo i posted if it is too big. I expected it to be much smaller- must have done it wrong.

Jeanne Mayell, ghandigirl, Michele and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stargazer)

@unk-p

Lols ... does she like listening to Pink Floyd with those Ratlox snacks? ?

Jeanne Mayell, Michele, Unk p and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@suspira44)
Famed Member Registered

@unk-p what a beauty.

Jeanne Mayell, Stargazer, Baba and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@moonbeam)

@unk-p, great cat! Such personality:-)

@laura-f as suspira44 said, can't people like that be reported? I mean, there are so many cats in the world, suffering. To keep breeding them again and again is animal abuse.

Jeanne Mayell, Stargazer, Unk p and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Topic starter  

Cuteness overload!

1597098612-IMG_1056.jpg

Jeanne Mayell, ghandigirl, Stargazer and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Topic starter  

@moonbeam

You have a point, but I think many of them are just trying to make ends meet in these awful times. No one looked mistreated, so in this case I'm  going to let karma work. I've  got enough on my own plate, I can't expend energy on that.

Jeanne Mayell, Stargazer, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

@unk-p

Love this! A cat showing genuine "purrsonality" and expression! 

Jeanne Mayell, Stargazer, Unk p and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

@unk-p

@stargazer if you spell Xoltar backwards, it's Rat lox, which she would probably like  on a bagel w cream cheese.

Only you Unk! Hahahahaha! 

Jeanne Mayell, ghandigirl, Stargazer and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 11 / 29
Share: