Notifications
Clear all

Earthquakes and Tsunamis

(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Posted by: @bluebelle

I follow earthquake activity because of my location and I have never seen any reputable researcher publish a global warning like the Canadian Earthquake Researcher on twitter.  

I read a few of his recent tweets.  I found him not credible and a catastrophizer.  He told the entire state of Florida and also all of SE Texas to leave due to multiple explosions he's predicting.  He catastrophizes and tries to make it look like science. It's easy to be sucked in.  He's looking for click bate. I'm glad @sistermoon brought him to our attention so we could discuss it. 

Rohenna, PamP, Vesta and 10 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sistermoon)
Famed Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell 

Yes, he is definitely a catastrophizer - he is basically labeling this an armageddon-level event but also seems oddly invested in the economy?? (Also he is not American but is very invested in American politics.) But...like...if you believe the world is ending in a few months, why bother with such mundane matters?? 🧐 So I definitely notice some contradictions there.

It is possible that there will be a major event where he hypothesizes (the Philippines, etc.) but I do not think it will come anywhere close to having the impact he says it will.

PamP, Lauren, Vesta and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ana)
Illustrious Member Registered

@sistermoon   I swear to you, he's 🤪  ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,                                                                                                                       

PamP, Lauren, Vesta and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@sistermoon I wouldn’t give that guy any attention.  Of course natural disasters are looming all the time and much more so now that we are in the foothills of major climate change. But it is a large world, so those natural disasters are spread out.

But I would not look to somebody like that for any information. I don’t trust that man, I don’t even know who he really is. Twitter is not my favorite place for information from unknowns. 

PamP, Iridium, Lauren and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sistermoon)
Famed Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell @ana

He was good for some spirited discussion, at least 🤣 🤣 

Thanks everyone -- I simply cannot worry about a megaquake on tope of everything else, so I truly appreciate all of your calming words ❤️ 

Rohenna, Lauren, Iridium and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator
Topic starter  

A catastrophic 7.8 earthquake hit Turkey/Syria today followed by a 7.5 quake which is now not being considered an aftershock but a separate wake.

There are over 3,000 people who have been killed with over the BBC reporting the number may increase 8 fold.

The partial destruction of a World Heritage site Roman-era castle in the Turkish city of Gaziantep has led to fears that two earthquakes that struck on Monday may have damaged other priceless monuments in Turkey and Syria, areas rich in cultural heritage.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/feb/06/fears-for-ancient-sites-after-earthquake-destroys-parts-of-gaziantep-castle-turkey

Below is footage recorded live by a media crew during the second quake.  It is powerful and emotional footage.  ( Warning, no deaths recorded but may be a trigger, shows children escaping/rescued).

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/dramatic-footage-shows-moment-of-powerful-aftershock-live-on-turkish-tv-162691141830

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/turkey-and-syria-hit-by-powerful-earthquakes-hundreds-dead-162687557945

Rohenna, Maggieci, Lauren and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@lovendures Sadly you saw the grief from this earthquake in predictions we were making on January 30th that we haven't posted yet: Posted for early February:

I feel sad.  There is sorrow and heartache. Grief and sadness fill me. (Lovendures)

Rohenna, Lauren, raincloud and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator
Topic starter  

@jeanne-mayell 

When I felt those emotions during the RTFN, it was very different than other RTFN's. It was like a whisper which filled me.  I kept checking in with myself.  When we got to March, the feeling began to fade and I knew it was related to February, an event which would affect many.

CC21, Rohenna, ghandigirl and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@april)
Noble Member Registered

New earthquake this morning. 4.8 in Tewksbury, New Jersey. 

https://6abc.com/amp/northeast-earthquake-philadelphia-shaking-felt-philly-was-an-in/14622010/

Lauren, CC21, Freya and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@freya)
Noble Member Registered

@april Yup an earthquake... I'm in Bergen County (in the uppermost northeast corner of NJ)... a friend was in her parked car when the quake hit; her car rocked back and forth for quite awhile.

Lauren, CC21, Maggieci and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: