@lenor

Wow.  I never thought of that.

PamP, TriciaCT, JourneyWithMe2 and 3 people reacted
(@triciact)
Illustrious Member Registered

@lenor

Admiral Mike Franken

Jan 12

"Without Fox, Trump would be a bungling celebrity who foolishly/laughably ran for president. Real-time reckoning of lies need real-time litigation. There is such a thing as gross distortions of fact and purveyors of such must pay a debilitating price."

Lenor, this is so true. And I am wondering if anyone has any intuitive feelings about what will happen to Fox news. They are so complicit and should be held accountable. Not just the obvious characters there but the network itself too.  I'm praying they pay a dear price.

PamP, Unk p, Stargazer and 11 people reacted
(@lenor)

Right now I am watching MSNBC talking about the military men and women who arrested in the coup attempt. They are wondering why they became involved. All they have to do is check the TV’s at all the military camps and the answer is right there.

Unk p, 2ndfdl, Stargazer and 11 people reacted
(@mas1581)

Anyone who can't see how and why some of the military is involved is not paying attention or refusing to. That was a big part of the whole plan. Convince the military to back Trump and then use them to further power. This was a long planned military takeover of the US, they just rode the wrong horse thankfully. Like Hitler fighting a 2 front war, they had their one fatal mistake and it was underestimating Trump's psychosis and narcissism. The plan was great and if they picked anyone else with Trump's charisma(pains me to say he has charisma but still true), it wouldve worked. 

PamP, Unk p, 2ndfdl and 13 people reacted
(@stargazer)

Posted by: @journeywithme2

@tgraf66  Actually I was thinking "Follow the money" cause that is what Mitch does. All the big corporations pulling the funding is what plucked his heartstrings.

If he had any 'heartstrings' ??

The Turtle is looking at his own butt being covered of course, and his tenure beyond the next two years.

Ain't gonna happen.....

PamP, Vesta, JourneyWithMe2 and 7 people reacted
(@tgraf66)

@stargazer Well, assuming he doesn't die or resign, he's there for the next six years.  He was just re-elected this time.

Vesta, JourneyWithMe2, TriciaCT and 7 people reacted
(@stargazer)

@tgraf66

Mitch may be relaxing comfortably in his old Kentucky home smiling to himself about his re-election and how his rep is 'saved' on down the line with his wiley ol' manipulations...while Wifey is feeling just a bit anxious about prosecution....

We shouldn't assume anything, though investigation, and demise can happen when one is making other plans... we shall see.

I see him gone, way gone. ?

PamP, Maggieci, Unk p and 13 people reacted
(@tgraf66)

@stargazer Oh, I've felt the same, and by the end of April at the latest. 

PamP, DannyBoy, Unk p and 15 people reacted
(@dannyboy)

@tgraf66 My weekends are for cover to cover reads of WaPo and my Apple News+ feed - and as I look at the headlines and the like, I came back here to find out what all of you who have seen Mitch leaving see as a timeline, because - I don't think anything can start to happen until he's out.  (Not to underscore how important it is to see Ted Cruz and that boy child Hawley booted from the Senate as well, I think that's locked in until their next election cycles)  In re-reading this thread it seems like it'll happen sometime before summer.  Anyone read this lately?

PamP, Isabelle, TriciaCT and 9 people reacted
(@tgraf66)

@dannyboy It's funny you should ask things because I was thinking about this just as I went to bed last night. ;-)

Others will have their own feelings about it, but my take on it is that he will (obviously) be around for the impeachment trial so he can get in one last "screw you!" to the D's (I don't think the trial will end in a conviction).  I also think that he will be around long enough to ensure that at least the cabinet appointment approvals and maybe some other important ones are done.  That should be finished by the middle of March at the latest, and once that's done, I think the Justice Dept. will be opening several investigations, not just into the events of Jan 6, but also into the actions or inactions of at least a few previous cabinet members such as Betsy DeVos (the sister of Erik Prince - former head of Blackwater security and still involved in "private security" training companies, some of whose  members may have been involved in the Capitol attack) and Elaine Chao, McConnell's wife because of the suspicious nature of their resignations at the last minute.  Ms. Chao negotiated some questionable deals with Chinese companies during her tenure, a few of which heavily benefited McConnell's friends in Kentucky.

If those investigations materialize, look for McConnell to resign within a few to no more than several weeks later, I'm guessing just before or during the month of April.

PamP, Unk p, 2ndfdl and 13 people reacted
(@dannyboy)

@tgraf66 All of this makes a great deal of sense.  Thank you!  Here's hoping this is yet another prediction that comes to pass.

Us Michiganders would sure love an investigation into Devos and her ilk.  They've done a number on politics in our state long before she rose to prominence as the worst Education Secretary America has ever seen.

PamP, Unk p, Maggieci and 7 people reacted
(@lowtide)

I hope if McConnell does resign, someone worse doesn’t take his place.

PamP, TriciaCT, lenor and 5 people reacted
(@dannyboy)

@lowtide I believe Kentucky's governor is a Democrat and can appoint a replacement until the term is finished or until a special election can be held.  Granted, he is empowered to do this by the legislature, but either way he'd probably appoint a Democrat and the alternative would be a missing senate seat for Republicans tilting the majority a little further in favor of the Democrats.

Kentucky seems to thrive on incumbency.  

PamP, lenor, lowtide and 3 people reacted
(@five81993)
Reputable Member Registered

Was there a prediction about McConnell not finishing his term? Here’s a possible hit in an Intercept story dated today, March 4, 2021:

SENATE MINORITY LEADER Mitch McConnell has compiled a short list of successors in his home state of Kentucky, preparing for the possibility that he does not serve out his full term, Kentucky Republicans tell The Intercept.

https://theintercept.com/2021/03/04/kentucky-mitch-mcconnell-senator-replace/?fbclid=IwAR0ZL9KafZZ2M9XgHUKmXi1MpIgAgeOCwr87qoxg9MQX8sXadQW-ua_ajsQ

PamP, lenor, JourneyWithMe2 and 13 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@five81993 I had seen he would leave after the June 6 riots, but he didn't leave, although his wife promptly resigned.  I now think I was seeing that that was the time when he was determined he would leave but needed time to figure it all out. Now that his wife has been investigated in an ethics probe, although she's been allowed to move on from it, that is one more reason for him to get out of D.C.

At least two other people predicted he would leave. Let me see, someone saw only half of him after the 2020 election.  That proved to be an amazing visual that came true when he was forced to share the Senate leadership with a democrat.  

PamP, DeeSolomon, Maggieci and 11 people reacted
(@allyn)

@jeanne-mayell

As much as I would love for McConnell to leave, it really won't make much of a difference, will it?  Already, the Republicans in Kentucky are passing a bill to ensure that Beshear, a Democrat, is kept from picking McConnell's successor (strange that they are passing that bill now, isn't it?).

As to the Senate, they will probably pick the most pro-Trump Republican to take over for McConnell, and they will continue to block aid, hold up programs to help the people, and they will never, ever pay the price for it.

Look at it this way.  Texas was abandoned by Cruz, yet he will certainly win re-election because of his support for Trump and because Republicans have demonized Democrats for so long that they would never vote for a Democrat.

Example-If Jesus ran as a Democrat, and Satan ran as a Republican, I guarantee that many Republicans would vote for Satan.  It is as simple as that.  Believe me when I say I am not exagerating.  I live in a red state (Tennessee) and the sad fact is that many red states are terrible places to live in (when compared to other states), and yet people continue to cling to the belief that Republicans are good and Democrats are bad, thus they continue to vote people in who do nothing for them and continue to spiral into poverty and crime.  It is just like the myth that Republicans are better at running the economy.  WHY?!  Reagan, Bush Sr., Bush Jr. and now Trump have all left us with massive recessions, while Democrats (Clinton, Obama) have actually helped to build back our economy.

So while McConnell going out the door is a good thing overall, it won't affect the direction our country is going in.  Basically, two different Americas, where one side focusing on truth and corporation and the other side focusing on lies and division.  And America simply cannot exist as a country so long as the side spreading lies and division has power.  

PamP, Yofisofi, Maggieci and 13 people reacted
(@numerologist)
Noble Member Registered

I can't remember if I have posted this recently, but according to MoscowMitch's numbers, he is going into a 16/7 essence on 2-20-2022, which is the equivalent to the Tower Card in the tarot. Currently, he's in an 11/2 essence AND transiting an S - which is sudden and unexpected happenings having to do with personal affairs, and usually NOT something to celebrate. So according to his chart, MM is 'going through some things'. Too bad so sad..... 

PamP, Avon, Unk p and 9 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @allyn

Example-If Jesus ran as a Democrat, and Satan ran as a Republican, I guarantee that many Republicans would vote for Satan. 

1614891452-IMG_6229-copy.jpg

2ndfdl, PamP, Jeans3head and 23 people reacted
 PamP
(@pamp)
Famed Member Registered

I think McConnell knows he abused his power and the beast he created is now going out of control. He can't control his people, and Trump has turned on him. I think he's physically sick, is feeling karma coming, and he'll bail sometime in the next year. He'll take others down with him. When I try and tune into McConnell, I see a very frightened little boy afraid of being found out so he became a bully to hide it.

Edit: I think many in the GOP are this way. It's not just McConnell.

lenor, Maggieci, 2ndfdl and 5 people reacted
(@enkasongwriter)
Famed Member Participant

Posted by: @allyn

So while McConnell going out the door is a good thing overall, it won't affect the direction our country is going in.  Basically, two different Americas, where one side focusing on truth and corporation and the other side focusing on lies and division.  And America simply cannot exist as a country so long as the side spreading lies and division has power.  

Lynn has seen the US split into five different regions. How likely will justice, truth, and cooperation triumph?

lenor and lenor reacted
Page 4 / 4
Share: