US Intelligence Wor...

Notifications
Clear all

US Intelligence Worldwide Threat Assessment

(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant
Topic starter  

The title says it all. And our executive branch is actively ignoring this document.  This is a must-read.

https://www.dni.gov/files/documents/Newsroom/Testimonies/2018-ATA---Unclassified-SSCI.pdf

Marley and Marley reacted
ReplyQuote
(@marley)
Estimable Member Registered

I'm going to read it today. On a related matter, I just learned about the Hybrid Forecasting Competition, which is funded by the US Intelligence community. Not that I'd be much of a contender, but the idea of a forecasting competition seems strange to me, never mind the idea of letting the US government into my psyche. Any thoughts?

ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant
Topic starter  

I suggest caution. IARPA and DARPA really are deep-state entities. As much as I don't buy into the "deep state is ruining our country" stuff that's going around right now, those are agencies to be wary of. Also, just because it says "IARPA" on the site does not make it true. It's a .com, not a .gov. That makes me suspicious. Could be Russian or Chinese trolls or bots.

BlueBelle, Marley, BlueBelle and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mizmargo)

I've never heard of this before so checked it out. On the HFC site, it does say that it's connected to IARPA, so I went to that site, which is a dot gov, and this challenge is, indeed, listed as one of their sponsoring (or whatever) events, and that site is linked to their official Twitter page. That still doesn't mean it's NOT deep state, or that it can't be hacked or used by foreign entities, I would assume. I'd love to see the questions they ask participants if anyone ends up signing up. Some of the other press releases on the IARPA site are pretty amazing -- like straight out of some dystopian movie. Trippy (and scary?)

BlueBelle, Marley, LalaBella and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@zoron)
Illustrious Member Registered

Hi mizmargo. Yes, the site is very interesting. what they are doing is also original. They appear to be building a combined system of intelligence that uses both Stargate type Recon by intuitives, and this having its output being fed into a large state of the art AI system. Formidable, if they can get it to work. I think they will, to some extent. But we are ahead of them, as the AI systems are at present "Data sorting and sifting systems". They have no consciousness. Here, in this group, we do. On balance, we are better at nuances and intuiting. That is why they are trying to bolt onto their AI system a human intuitive group, to supply the missing bits. Their analysis was interesting, if a tad paranoid and Xenophobic.  They will have a long way to go, for improvements in intel that are at best marginal. 

ReplyQuote
(@zoron)

Marley, in actuality, we are into their thoughts and psyche. Not the other way around. we have the edge, and we are for Peace, not war.

ReplyQuote
(@zoron)

Marley, in actuality, we are into their thoughts and psyche. Not the other way around. we have the edge, and we are for Peace, not war.

ReplyQuote
(@marley)

Zoron, that's an interesting and more hopeful way to look at it.

ReplyQuote
Share: