The Great Unravelin...

Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] The Great Unraveling and the Great Turning - Rebuilding a Progressive America in the Future

(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

polarberry, Jeanne Mayell, Grace and 21 people reacted
(@lawrence)
Illustrious Member Registered

@jessi1978

Was just reading about this. Excellent news. Tick tock.

BlueBelle, polarberry, Grace and 21 people reacted
(@jewels-2)
Noble Member Registered

@triciact

YES!!!  I totally agree. We should have gone to the mat long ago. Thank you for saying so!

deetoo, TriciaCT, lenor and 5 people reacted
(@stargazer)

@jewels

Hehehe ?

The Dragon Endeavor could have been a test run for when the stuff hits the fan and the reps need to bail quick ... ?

It's a good idea to take a cue from 'Mars Attacks' and get the blaring country tunes ready, and when those guys in black suits show up at door, do not answer it! Just hide under the bed....?

(If David Icke gets disappeared, that's a big red flag right there!)

The drama, Jewels, the draamahh! Seriously! Nothing should surprise us anymore ?

lenor, Enkasongwriter, deetoo and 5 people reacted
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

2 words.

Axios interview.

Isabelle, Stargazer, Ms. C. and 11 people reacted
(@moonbeam)

Mitch McConnell is leading the polls again in his state. Has anyone seen what happens there? Although I obviously do not understand the people of Kentucky, has anyone seen Amy McGrath winning?

lenor, deetoo, lenor and 1 people reacted
(@mas1581)

@lovendures

Just finished watching it. It was the most incredible thing I've ever seen. The disjointed, feeble attempts at bullying coupled with his complete inability to comprehend simple graphs that he, himself, brought is uncanny. As lacking in intellect as he has always been notwithstanding, this interview shows that he is in such an intense mental decline that he will/should be institutionalized or in a care facility within months. 

The mother of my hopefully soon to be adopted foster kids has a diagnosed IQ of 56 and avoided criminal prosecution for child neglect and abuse with a not guilty by reason of mental defect claim that was accepted. Her mental capabilities are greater, albeit just slightly, than the ones Trump exposed in this interview. 

He showed he is completely incapable of any response that is not engrained in his mind by repetition in preparation for the interview. No matter the question, he showed instant confusion and then confidence when he started spewing what he has been told to say, whether it pertained to the inquiry or not. It truly was one of the saddest things I've ever seen.

Isabelle, lenor, JourneyWithMe2 and 7 people reacted
(@journeywithme2)

@lovendures  I shared it on my Facebook page because so many do not have access to HBO (myself included)  and Axios made the entire interview available for free. The response has been both encouraging and bewildering. How Jonathan managed to sit through that interview and not break out in to hysterical laughter and head shaking I do not know.

and @MAS1581 ?  It was pitiful when he began waving those papers with the graphs..he really really had no clue.. no comprehension.. that what Jonathan was asking was NOT what he was answering.

Isabelle, deetoo, lenor and 5 people reacted
(@polarberry)

@jessi1978

Ah, the wonderful smell of indictments. Let it be so.

BlueBelle, Isabelle, Unk p and 9 people reacted
(@polarberry)

Lawrence has been saying it for months, he has dementia. He's also had a stroke. The leg dragging, the giant bruise on his hand that his babysitters tried to hide by having him carry a big stack of newspapers, the mysterious Walter Reed visits, the discombobulated speech and behavior. They've been lying for months about his health.

TriciaCT, Grace, LalaBella and 15 people reacted
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

@polarberry

Best part state charges he can’t make them go away.?? Barr can’ t bully anyone to make them go away. 

TriciaCT, Isabelle, TriciaCT and 1 people reacted
(@deetoo)

@mas1581 and @journeywithme2:  I saw bits and pieces of the Axios interview when various pundits were interviewing Jonathan Swan on MSNBC.  Swan was incredulous and sometimes animated as he described the experience.  I admire your ability to sit through it.  There's no way I could be detached enough to watch.  I have a hard enough time looking at T. or hearing his voice.  It's an assault on my senses.  

TriciaCT, Isabelle, JourneyWithMe2 and 11 people reacted
(@mas1581)

@deetoo

I usually have the same physical reaction to Trump and cant sit past 30 seconds of listening to him. This time was different. I actually felt pity for both him and Jonathan. It was more sad than aggravating. 

TriciaCT, Grace, ghandigirl and 17 people reacted
(@journeywithme2)

@deetoo  life taught me to compartmentalize so that I could control my thoughts and actions and reactions to be able do what I needed to do. Even with those skills finely honed.. it was difficult... so difficult. I felt anger... that they have allowed this farce to continue with that sad windbag of a confused man spouting off his verbal vomit and can only reach the conclusion.. they know what he is.. they know how he is.. and they know what he and they are doing... and.. do ... not....care....about.. this... country....or.. the ....American .... people. I felt pity... his confusion was clear even as his narcissism kept him parroting words and broken thought processes. I felt sorrow.. that the American people are being held hostage by this broken down man and political party. I felt anguish at the suffering that has occurred and will occur. I felt HOPE that we are waking up and seeing....even many of those who wore blinders before are starting to see. I felt LOVE for the way we as a people pull together and care for one another in spite of all that is happening. I feel COURAGE in our numbers and resolve to get our votes counted and start the CHANGE we need to see and be. I am PROUD of the ones who risk it all to bring the TRUTH to us. Finally? I PRAY.. that we have the very Heavens and all of Creation having our six as we face the difficult road ahead. I pray we are able to accomplish our goals and that next Spring.. is bringing our renewal. I have every FAITH it is.

Grace, lenor, BlueBelle and 9 people reacted
(@lovendures)

@journeywithme2, @mas1581, @deetoo,

I enjoyed watching Jonathan Swan navigate through the interview.  Did you notice his foot moving?  He was not comfortable, it must have been  a release allowing him needed composure during the interview.  I need to search for Swan being interviewed now.  

There is no way he can handle a debate.  No way.

I wonder if he will in fact be nominated at the convention?  Or if they will need a replacement sometime candidate in the fall?

Stargazer, DannyBoy, deetoo and 17 people reacted
(@isabelle)
Famed Member Registered

@mas1581

The Axios interview showed Rump to be the most petty, ungracious man alive. Startling as it is, the man couldn't find even two good words to say about icon and giant John Lewis. I wonder if he was even invited to his funeral or just refused to go to laud a man infinitely greater than he is? I pity this petty little man with such an infinitesimal and shrunken soul......he was so obviously grossly stunted (emotionally, spiritually) way before his mind began crumbling from dementia...

Grace, Stargazer, JourneyWithMe2 and 17 people reacted
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

@isabelle

He gripes about how John Lewis did not go to his inauguration and State of the Union, that was Lewis's mistake.

JourneyWithMe2, Isabelle, lenor and 3 people reacted
(@isabelle)
Famed Member Registered

Furthermore, George Bush's heartfelt eulogy only underscored Rump's glaring deficits. If George Bush could reach across the aisle and put country ahead of party...especially in light of John Lewis's massive courage and idealism... then why couldn't Rump? This lack of graciousness MUST have made an impact on those more civilized and patriotic Republicans....

lenor, FEBbby23, JourneyWithMe2 and 5 people reacted
(@frank)
Famed Member Registered

Posted by: @mas1581

@deetoo

I usually have the same physical reaction to Trump and cant sit past 30 seconds of listening to him. This time was different. I actually felt pity for both him and Jonathan. It was more sad than aggravating. 

Yes, I just watched this too and his energy has definitely changed. Like you, I could never watch more than a few minutes of him speaking before my skin would start to crawl. However, there is no longer the dark malevolence and anger that he used to radiate...  I sensed just confusion and delusion propped up by a giant ego.  I'm really wondering what happened...

TriciaCT, Isabelle, JourneyWithMe2 and 7 people reacted
(@mas1581)

@isabelle

The difference is that as incompetent as he was in the Oval, Bush is a good man who tried to do what he thought was right. We have had many flawed presidents but never in my lifetime(born during Carter) have I experienced a president that did not care enough to try to do a good job. He is the first I have seen in this office that wasn't a patriot and a good person(when it comes to performing the duties of office). Clinton, Reagan, GHW Bush all had their vices and wrongdoings, but none took the office for granted and all of them tried to better most of the things they could control. Trump is entirely different. He got i to politics to better himself. He uses the presidency to solely better himself. Everything this man(in the loosest sense) has done in his adult life is for personal gratification. We have never seen anything like this in recent memory. Even Nixon, as messed up as he was, stepped down for the good of the country and Ford damn near killed his political career pardoning him, which was also best for the country imo. 

This probably won't go over well here, but I do think Biden will do the same as Ford, BTW. We have been thru enough. Trying and imprisoning Trump will just make matters worse because of the rabidness of his base. I think he needs to be left tobe judged in the afterlife, which he isn't far from at his age and health, and allow the country to heal. 

TriciaCT, lenor, FEBbby23 and 17 people reacted
Page 89 / 102
Share: