Finding Classified ...

Notifications
Clear all

Finding Classified Documents where they shouldn't be

(@raincloud)
Famed Member Registered

@tgraf66 

So, just thinkin......top secret documents in a garage next to Biden's Corvette? There is something highly unlikely about that to me.....

I am not saying that there wasn't sloppiness or negligence but I am beginning to think this whole episode is not simple. Any tingling antennae?

PamP, Jan, JourneyWithMe2 and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgraf66)
Illustrious Member Registered

@raincloud No, not really.  Given that docs were discovered at Pence's home, I think it's honestly more a huge breach of protocol issue for NARA that TFG managed to take advantage of.  Granted, the respective Chiefs of Staff should arguably have been more on the ball as well, but it's ultimately the responsibility of NARA to ensure the proper handling of such documents.  However, there is also the fact that the PRA says nothing about VP documents; only POTUS docs, and the most of the docs found in Biden's homes were from his time in the Senate and as VP.

Jan, PamP, JourneyWithMe2 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

I hope Biden is investigating how those documents got where they were left, to determine if they could have been planted. 

However it is not suspicious that Biden and Pence had a dozen or so random classified documents from when they were vice presidents. Heads of state travel a lot during their terms and they do so in a big security bubble. They need to have papers with them to stay on top of their work, and some would likely be classified.   I can imagine that a dozen or so classified documents would end out in their homes tucked away in garage file boxes. But it is suspicious that this discovery happened right when Trump was in the hot seat for retaining tens of thousands of classified documents.

Of course the right wing press will claim that they did the same as Trump, which is miles from the truth. 

First Trump had held back 13,000 documents even after the government had been pursuing him for a year. Then he finally gave them a bunch of documents but refused to relinguish 13,000 more. They had to get a search warrant for Mar-a-Lago “after finding probable cause that evidence of multiple federal crimes would be found at the Premises,” according to the judge’s order.    

The classified materials were found not only in the Mar-a-Lago storage room, but also in Trump’s office. 

https://www.factcheck.org/2022/08/timeline-of-fbi-investigation-of-trumps-handling-of-highly-classified-documents/

Jan, PamP, JourneyWithMe2 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: