Random predictions

Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Random predictions

(@deetoo)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@baba, thank you for making me laugh this morning!  From now on, each time I have the misfortune of seeing MTG on the tube, I'll always have that image of her emblazoned in my noggin. 

Do you think it might be mud wrestling?    

PamP, Lauren, TriciaCT and 19 people reacted
(@coyote)
Illustrious Member Registered

Not a prediction from me. A few weeks ago I was looking through old books of mine to see if there were any passages I wanted to take note of before I donated the books. I was thumbing through the diplomat George F. Kennan's Sketches from a Life, which consists of reflections and ponderings Kennan penned while he was traveling; the entries span the 1920s through the 1980s. Kennan is very sensitive and probably had latent psychic skills. This is what he wrote in 1984 on a visit to a friend's property on the island of Islamorada in the Florida Keys:

“At the inland end of A’s property runs a small artificially created canal, along which are arrayed small residences, a number of them with docks and motorboats, a scene like a thousand others in this part—mostly new, modern, and tidy—of Florida. But when I look at them, I don’t believe for a moment in their permanence. I see these properties in my mind’s eye, at some time in the future: crumbling ditches, silted and swampy, the remains of the houses littering their banks, identifiable in many instances only by their foundations, the remainder—everything, in fact—fallen victim to the hurricanes, the dampness, the insects, and the ultimate collapse of civilization as we know it."

So to everyone in eastern North America, happy first official day of hurricane season!

BlueBelle, Jeanne Mayell, Lauren and 19 people reacted
(@walden-ponderer)
Prominent Member Registered

Trump himself is on the verge of a dementia diagnosis, and that is coming right before multiple criminal charges hit, so there is little question that the doings of everyone in his immediate circle will be getting a lot of focus from law enforcement over the next couple of months.

The "back in office by August" stuff is not just smoke -- he really believes that -- which means that his mental unfitness is going under the microscope. That can't happen without his family also going under the microscope. I have zero idea why that may impact Eric more than the others, other than the fact that he hasn't really been in that spotlight, and so maybe something that has been missed until now will no longer be missed.

PamP, Jeanne Mayell, Lawrence and 27 people reacted
(@luminous)

@walden-ponderer

It appears as though the years of power and corruption have finally caught up with him, but he and his circle are in total denial of course. Its near impossible to reason with such people.

PamP, TriciaCT, Jeanne Mayell and 13 people reacted
(@polarberry)

@walden-ponderer

Agree. He most definitely has dementia.

As far as Manchin, he's a flaming arse and I hope he's very pleased with himself and the role he's playing in ending democracy. The KGOP couldn't be happier with him.

PamP, FEBbby23, Jeanne Mayell and 17 people reacted
(@blackandwhite)
Noble Member Registered

PamP, FEBbby23, lenor and 9 people reacted
(@seeker4)

@walden-ponderer. 1.  Trump's diagnosis of dementia must simply be another stage of his Dangerous Narcissism Diagnosis.  Psychiatrist Dodes (Harvard) said yesterday that Trump does believe he's going to be reinstated in August.  He's very concerned as to what he will do when September comes and it hasn't happened.  2.  I'm speculating here regarding your comment on Eric.  He's possibly more vulnerable because I think he is the least intelligent of the children so may not have the instincts to protect himself as much.  I base that on hearing some very stupid and foolish statements over the past 5 years from him.  

PamP, FEBbby23, Jeanne Mayell and 19 people reacted
(@bluebelle)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@coyote. That’s quite a prescient quote from George F. Kennan.  When I lived in the Lowcountry of South Carolina, I had a vision of the land underwater, the rivers and tributaries and harbor of Charleston all overflowing their banks.  In my vision of the area, I was high above the Lowcountry, looking down on inundated houses and roads.  I looked down at my own community underwater, at my own house flooded and water as far as the eye could see.  Now I have absolutely no idea of a timetable for that, but it resonated so strongly with me that it played a role in deciding to move out of the area.  It’s one of those visions you want so badly to be wrong.  

FEBbby23, Jeanne Mayell, Coyote and 23 people reacted
(@enkasongwriter)
Famed Member Participant

After learning from Mega Man fans on Twitter that there isn't much Capcom doing for Mega Man, people on Twitter became angry over it while others saw this rage as a sign that Capcom realizes that Mega Man fans are vocal and that the franchise is viable. The following predictions are done via quick scans.

When will we see Mega Man Battle Network collections? Capcom will announce it near the end of this year and will release it by late March 2022.

How well will the MMBN collections sell? 900K in the first three months and 1.1M by the next six months after.

When will X9 happen? In 2024.

Will Capcom revive Legends 3 and Star Force 4? Unlikely as Legends collections will sell ~200,000 units and Star Force collections will sell ~600,000 units.

Luminous, Baba, Luminous and 1 people reacted
Page 83 / 83
Share: