Notifications
Clear all

NRA + Russia

Rick
(@rick)
Estimable Member Registered
Topic starter  

Here are few links regarding some findings between the NRA and Russia.  This is some interesting stuff.  It appears The Kremlin has been using the NRA as an access point to the Trump campaign, plus possible campaign $$ funneling (Mueller is still looking into it).

https://ijr.com/2018/07/1107190-robert-mueller-nra-taxes-russia/

For the site above, look for this:   "Here's how the Senate Judiciary Committee explained the connections in its report".  The "its report" in blue is a link to the preliminary findings pdf - it's roughly 22 pages.

https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/article214075459.html

I wonder, is this how Don jr goes down? 

What are you feelings from this?  ..and possible fallout?  I am feeling this assists in taking Don jr down and possibly Treason charges and prison for some NRA execs.

ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

Rick - I think on the predictions, the majority here see Don Jr and Jared both ending up in jail. Whatever Mueller knows, he plays his cards very close to the vest. He won't release any info on anything til after the midterms and until he's got ALL the info - i.e., an avalanche that can't be brushed aside by Twitler and his cronies in Congress.

Rick and Rick reacted
ReplyQuote
 Rick
(@rick)
Estimable Member Registered
Topic starter  

Agreed.

ReplyQuote
(@maria-d-white)
Noble Member Registered

Proving that Russia gave money to the NRA is the easy part. What's difficult is proving that Don Jr or anyone else in the Trump campaign had an agreement with the Russians to do this, or any other funding that Russia has done. Lately I'm getting more and more pessimistic that Mueller can prove his case to the standards that he's going to need to force the hand of Republicans. So far they've been willing to turn a blind eye to lots of things until it was literally impossible to keep pretending.

ReplyQuote
Share: