Natural gas explosi...

Notifications
Clear all

Natural gas explosions in Massachusetts

(@paul-w)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter  

When I saw the news on this story this morning - a residential gas feed from the local utility over-pressurized and filled several dozen homes with natural gas which then exploded (at least one dead and a number injured) my immediate thought was that this is a cyber attack. All of the regulating equipment is computer controlled AND I have never heard of anything like this happening before. A cyber actor, such as Russia, could have caused this to happen remotely if they had gained access to the utility's control systems. My intuition tells me that this was an attack.

Karen2, Sophie, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@rosieheart)
Famed Member Registered

While I wouldn't rule out an attack, this has, in fact happened before.   

For instance, in 2010, a similar gas main explosion in San Bruno California killed 8 and destroyed 40 homes.   The cause was determined to be faulty safety maintenance by the local utility, Pacific Gas and Electric.    https://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/09/13/before-during-and-after-the-san-bruno-fire/

There have been many other instances of gas explosions in the U.S. too (although not always so big) and they all have been found to be related to faulty maintenance and/or human error.

So, rather than jump to any conclusions, let's wait to see what investigators find about what happened in Massachusetts.

Sophie, Jeanne Mayell, Sophie and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

I live just 30 miles from these towns where it happened.   I know that the gas pipes are old and leaky and the people who run the gas company we use in our part of the state avoid doing much if it costs them. While I have also never heard of this happening before, the company did tell people they would be working on the gas pipes yesterday right before it happened.  So it was planned that they'd be replacing and flushing the pipes along the streets and going into people's homes.  

The media said that the pipes are designed to hold two to three times the pressure that they usually use.  But there was a failure of some kind and we know that there are weak points in the pipes where there are even leaks.  We will learn more as time goes on, but so far there's every reason to think there was a massive miscalculation involved, perhaps incompetence, lack of care, disregard for excellence, rather than an attack.  

We have hundreds of leaks in our town including near the schools and the gas company has been dragging its feet to fix them. This is one of the wealthiest towns in the U.S. with an involved citizenry.  Yet still little gets done. You can smell the gas when you walk down a street with a leak! A local activist group has been leaning on them yet still they don't get it done. Just explaining the level of incompetence and disregard that comes from the gas company.  

Karen2, Sophie, RosieHeart and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

I remember having a vision last night when I first heard about it.  I felt that someone had made a mistake and allowed too much pressure to flow through the system when they were fiddling with the gas pipelines yesterday.  

Yesterday was the first day of an improvement project the gas company was doing in those towns. They would have to have been turning the gas off that leads to certain areas, then working on the pipes, then turning it on again. The explosions started at around 5 pm, the end of the workday. 

Gas flows in very high pressure across the country, then is reduced in pressure as it enters a region, and then reduced again as it enters a neighborhood, then is reduced again as it enters a home. There are points along the pipelines that reduce the pressure.  Since three different communities were affected (dozens of houses in each town), then it's likely that the safety valves that reduce the pressure going into the region from a higher pressure pipeline somehow failed to activate and those communities got a blast (no pun intended) of high pressure gas which was too great for the pipes leading into the homes.  

I don't know if my vision is correct, but I'd seen in my mind's eye that someone was mortified about an error they'd made. It's also possible that some of those safety valves that reduce the pressure were old and failed to work but I did see someone who was freaked out because of an error.  

We shall see what we learn, assuming the company tells the truth. 

Karen2, Sophie, Karen2 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@paul-w)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter  

I can't imagine living with leaky gas mains and smelling gas. I grew up and still live in central Illinois and something like that would be unheard of.

Sophie and Sophie reacted
ReplyQuote
(@karen2)
Active Member Registered

Thanks for posting this. It is very interesting to me because not long after it happened, a psychic on YouTube  said it was an attack via hacking by Russians who work for the government in retaliation to sanctions. She said that they increased the pressure in the lines.

Also, read this article about a warning of infrastructure attacks via computers:  https://www.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/news/2018/08/10/sa-congressman-warns-of-russian-hackers-targeting.html

And this:  https://www.symantec.com/blogs/threat-intelligence/dragonfly-energy-sector-cyber-attacks

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

I’d be very surprised if had anything to do with terror attacks. All evidence points to human error.

It was much more likely that Columbia Gas made a mistake. They were working on the pipes that day. It was the first day of a planned project to do some overhauling of old pipes.  

The media reports are that they employ under trained people so they can make more profit and pay the top brass big bucks.  I think national grid has the same problem.  They have a history of accidents and had been warned by he state for their low standards.  They operate in other states and this  is not the only time they’ve blown up buildings.  Also the natural gas infrastructure in older parts of the US is old and not up to date.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/boston.cbslocal.com/2018/09/14/i-team-columbia-gas-history-serious-incidents/amp/

I am a professional intuitive  I have a good record, although no psychic is perfect and many times people ask me questions I can’t answer.   But when something comes to me as this did one did, I feel a little more confident about what I’m getting. The moment I heard about the explosions,  I got human error. I got an ill trained team of people  at fault.  I’m not perfect and i welcome people to find their own answers but the facts are bearing this out.  

RosieHeart, Karen2, RosieHeart and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@maria-d-white)
Noble Member Registered

Jeanne, I have no reason to doubt your estimate of human error, and especially since you are close to the event, you are very likely to be correct.

At the same time, I feel there is something weird around this. A very odd set of images came to my mind on this one. A GPS satellite. Hong Kong. And some connection to the closing of the National Solar Observatory. I can't figure out any logical explanation that could possibly fit with all that. Even hacking doesn't fit too well with those pictures. And I sure can't imagine how a satellite could affect gas mains. I'm just posting this in case somebody else is is getting a weird vibe from it as well, and they have anything to add.

ReplyQuote
(@robin)
Reputable Member Registered

Jeanne,  there was also a gas explosion in Center Twp. Pa about 30 miles west of Pittsburgh Pa.  6 days ago,  a preliminary investigation stated it was “earth movement “ that caused it. But final investigation is not completed at this time.

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Yes there is something underlying all this that makes it seem like it must be terrorism but it’s much more insidious than terrorism.  It’s about greed. Now I could be wrong.  I do not have an absolute say on things.  Just giving my sense.  

The gas companies are lax.  They are about doing as little as possible with the cheapest labor.   Columbia Gas has had multiple accidents around the country for many years.  They have been cited in the past by the Massachusetts utility commission for safety violations.  They have had  bad accidents in other states.  They make a lot of money off consumers and they are milking the system.  It’s like a landlord buying an old building then collecting rent while letting the building deteriorate. 

I’ve been calling national grid, our gas company, for years to plug some leaks on our street.  You can smell it!  

They did nothing for years until a local watchdog group got after them because we live near a school.  There are still some 1500 leaks in our town and we are one of the wealthiest towns in the state, with an active citizenry.  If our pushy wealthy and influential citizens  can't get National Grid to move their butt's then I can't imagine how powerless most other towns are. 

Given the aging infrastructure, and the tendency in these companies to prefer profit over service, we should be seeing even  more explosions than this.  As time goes on and the infrastructure gets older, we  will probably see more. 

We don’t need terrorism as an explanation even though the military industrial complex wants us to think that way so the public will approve of even more military spending.  

Just like the issue of US Navy vessels having a high number of mishaps, it wasn’t  terrorism, as some thought, it was corporate executives’ own lex way of operating so they can stretch dollars devoted to service and keep more for the people at the top. 

Ironically, last night in the middle of the night my husband and I could hear some construction crews working down the street.  I wondered if it were National Grid out there, finally realizing they had better start plugging the leaks and replacing old pipes pronto. The public is  now onto them. 

RosieHeart, kksali, Marley and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@robin)
Reputable Member Registered

Posted by: Robin

Jeanne,  there was also a gas explosion in Center Twp. Pa about 30 miles west of Pittsburgh Pa.  6 days ago,  a preliminary investigation stated it was “earth movement “ that caused it. But final investigation is not completed at this time.

I feel I left out information about this gas explosion, this happened during a heavy rain event (the remnants of Gordon), and about 10 miles away is a large fracking site. Both of these are likely factors in this explosion.

ReplyQuote
(@karen2)
Active Member Registered

Hi Jeanne. Thank you for the reply. I was not challenging your intuition at all, by the way. I really appreciate all of the work that you put into maintaining the site. I have been viewing it for nearly a year, and sometimes send you links to news articles that support a previous vision. I am not claiming any intuitive ability myself. I was just putting another view out there, but maybe I should have thought more about it before posting it here. I am sorry.  

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

To Karen, No! No!  So sorry if I made you feel defensive.  I am glad you posted.  We need many voices here to learn and stick together and find our way.  God forbid that my voice were the only one.  

Karen, I want to welcome you to post everything you feel like sharing.  I'm glad you joined in.

A few hours ago, just before sitting down with someone to give them a private reading, I got an SOS message in my psyche that I needed to tone down that post I left, the one that caused you to respond the way you did.  But I had a client and couldn't hop on the computer to edit it. So now I'm back on and there's your message.  

It's a challenge for me to make a point when I feel strongly and not have it dis someone.  

Karen do keep posting and you don't have to worry about me in the future.  :-)

That said, I feel strongly, no, there isn’t any part of me that feels that there was a hack.

That psychic is wrong and she tells people not to worry but she has just announced that terrorists caused three towns’ houses to blow up.  Using her tarot cards.

And the reaction in her comments is exactly the reaction that the Military Indistrial Complex that drives our wars wants people to have.  The GOP wants you to be afraid.  One comment was “oh my god!  We need our military to protect us!”  

BlueBelle, RosieHeart, BlueBelle and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@karen2)
Active Member Registered

Jeanne, this is so interesting. Maybe my intuition is stronger than I think because I sat at my keyboard for a long time trying to decide if it would be "helpful" to reply to you! In the end, after walking away for a few, I came back and wrote that. So maybe it is a good thing and was supposed to happen that way. And maybe I still should have thought more about it before taking action - and trusted the doubt that I experienced beforehand. I am glad that you looked at the web site in question, and will take your observations under consideration. Thank you!

BlueBelle, Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

So we are good, you and I?  I want to welcome you into this community of kind souls.  My hope is that everyone here  listens to his and her own voice above all.  Looks like that is what you are doing, so thank you.

Note to all: Tomorrow night I am inviting everyone to join me in Read the Positive Future night.  It is one of many ways that people begin to hear their own inner voice instead of relying on others. Just saying...I do this event just 2-3 times a year.  There will be another probably in late January.  But anyone who can make this one is welcome.

Read about it here and register

Or just register:    https://zoom.us/meeting/register/cf8a5ab7fef094e5cde7dc3c8da9331e

BlueBelle, kksali, BlueBelle and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: