Notifications
Clear all

Graham-Cassidy Act to repeal the ACA

vida
(@vida)
Reputable Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hello all, 

I didn't see a subject header for this yet, so I figured I would start one. My friends and I have been actively calling, tweeting, and raising awareness about this, but anxiety is high that the ACA will be repealed. Wondering if anyone has a read on this situation yet. I've been trying to feel it out myself, but I'm finding it difficult to see through the fog of worry I'm in over the whole ordeal. Any thoughts?

Blessings,

V

ReplyQuote
 Lola
(@lola)
Reputable Member Registered

So it looks like McCain is voting NO on repeal Obamacare! He really is a hero??

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Yay.  May his body stay as strong as his principles. We need more Republicans like him. And Susan Collins. If anyone lives in Maine, please do give her a call.  

Lola and Lola reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

To raise your spirits, check out comedian Jimmy Kimmel's tough and funny talk against Graham-Cassidy.  His son has had open heart surgery.  He knows what this cruel bill would mean for someone with a pre-existing condition.  People will die. 

I remember that last spring when the Republicans were trying to kill Obamacare, I had a vision of McConnell smiling in the fall.  I hope that doesn't mean this bill will pass. 

Lola and Lola reacted
ReplyQuote
(@runestoneone)
Noble Member Registered

Jeanne, after all the insults and shenanigans Orange Julius has aimed at him, McConnell might just smile real good when the Donald "takes his fall" this fall. 

I think it can't be easy in McConnell's position, wrangling a Senate having its own (un)civil war while also under fire from the President. 

-R1-

ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered

Since Graham-Cassidy Bill is now burnt toast, I certainly hope Jeanne didn't see McConnell smiling because they'll pass the tax reform in the direction they want! What does everyone think the chances of that might be? I rather like Runestoneone's (and so many of us as well) idea of the fall...one step after another, it's happening!

ReplyQuote
Share: