(@warriorwitch)
Honorable Member Registered
Topic starter  

http://theatln.tc/2pVc9Jb

Seers, what's your take?

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Someone asked me on April 24 in the comments section (below the World Predictions Page) what I thought would happen. I said I thought Macron would win because I couldn't see the French swinging that far to the right. They are the country that helped America win the revolutionary war. They are an inherently liberal people.  I don't know if it was psychic or just common sense. I couldn't see the French falling for that last minute Putin fake news email dump.

That said, I was still a bit nervous. I thought the only way a fascist could win in France would be if the election was literally stolen. 

1494185501-french-election-question.jpg

Michele, BlueBelle, Warriorwitch and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

*phew* and Vive la France!

ReplyQuote
(@warriorwitch)
Topic starter  

Jeanne, that stunt pulled before the 24 hour news blackout made me nervous, too...

Michele and Michele reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Funny I was nervous, and angry, but not quaking. The Putin/Mercer tricks can fool people only so many times.  They shouldn't have tried it on the French, wasted their time and gave away their game plans.

Michele, Warriorwitch, Michele and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@marzantar)
Trusted Member Registered

I am so relieved - I get to sleep tonight! The far-right has been defeated in Austria, Netherlands, and now  in France. Germany's elections are  in September.

ReplyQuote
(@warriorwitch)
Topic starter  

Jeanne, will Putin change/update his plans after this?

How will this affect us, here? Trump sent out a decent congratulatory tweet, but how does he really feel?

ReplyQuote
(@warriorwitch)
Topic starter  

Marzantar, don't forget the special election in England in June!

ReplyQuote
(@natalie)
Noble Member Registered

When I was little I felt a very deep connection to the French. I have 0 french ancestry in me today,  so maybe it's a past life connection. But my fascination with french culture led me to drop everything and move to French canada when I was very young. Even now I feel that connection but I don't know why. It is an extremely liberal culture, militantly so. But it has a different flavor of liberalism from the anglosphere, more communal, less individual, once again I don't know why, I just know it is so. I am terrible at predicting the future,  but I am good at understanding culture and history. I don't feel that Macron will be the answer for France's problems, but I wish him all the best. Vive la France, ma belle pais, je t'aime!

ReplyQuote
 Dina
(@dina)

Vive la France. Feeling so much better, I was terrified

ReplyQuote
(@asian)

As I have said before, it won't take long to euphoria to die down. I give it 2 years.

Macron is a pro-business, pro-market kind of guy. In a pre-2008 world his views and agenda's would have been quite sucessfull. But, the ongoing process around the world and upcoming structure/civilization goes against him.

ReplyQuote
(@asian)

There will be allegation of voter fraud later this month and a scandal regarding that. While this do not bring any threat to macron's presidency, it will have an effect on next month's election.

ReplyQuote
Share: