Notifications
Clear all

Rooftop Revolving Lounge #3!

(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

@lovendures 

• Flamenco - including history and technique
  • Traumatic Brain Injury - Causes, Treatments, Long Term Effects
  • Narcissistic Parenting: How to Survive and Review of Current Findings on Development in Children Raised By Narcissists
  • Italian Cooking-also including history and technique
  • Organized Religion: Humanity's Downfall?
  • Best Practices for Successfully Navigating the US Healthcare System
  • Autoimmune Disease: The Bastard Stepchild of Medical Science (Breakout Session: No It's Not All In My Head But It Might Have Started There)
  • How To Crochet a Scarf or Small Blanket
  • How To Adequately Research Your California Election Ballot (Including Referendae)

FEBbby23, Lauren, Lovendures and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@laura-f 

Seems rather balanced to me. Both serious and fun talks.

FEBbby23, Lauren, LalaBella and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)
Illustrious Member Registered

@lovendures  i think mine would be...

-How To Blow 30 Minutes Without Really Trying

FEBbby23, Lauren, LalaBella and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

"What do you want to be for Halloween, little Ronnie?"

''Teletubby"

"Oh, like Tinkywinky?   ...Wait! isn't Tinkywinky the ga-"

"NOT THAT ONE!! I wanna be Fascist Teletubby!"

"OK, now go help your little brother, he's got his policeman foot on sideways again."

picture

Lauren reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

@unk-p 

Teletubbies were rather scary and weird.  

He fits.

Lauren and Unk p reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

@laura-f 

Wow!

Gemini..a good communicator

Reading Art Music Poetry

Child Development and many teaching techniques and programs

Education Training

Recovery

Mental Illness

Psychic/Empath Vivions/ Dreams

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @unk-p

@lovendures  i think mine would be...

-How To Blow 30 Minutes Without Really Trying

Ha ha ha ha. Can't stop laughing. And I have to go to bed.  But just 30 minutes?  I can blow easily blow 5 -10 hours fiddling. Everyday, it's, " did the sun really set already?"

FEBbby23, Lauren, LalaBella and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

Time to enjoy some fall frolicking!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmiXX3TVQeY

ReplyQuote
(@tgraf66)

My new tea glass. :-)

Vesta, Iridium, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dannyboy)

We took Boone to a pumpkin patch today.  Enjoy :-) 

Vesta, Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

@dannyboy 

Awwwwww

ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

@dannyboy 

Boone is awesome.  What a photo.  I bet your whole family LOVES Boone!  Who couldn't love him?

Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle, DannyBoy and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

@dannyboy, Boone cracks me up!  There he is, chillin out and lovin life!  We can all learn from him.  

Jeanne Mayell, Lovendures, Unk p and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

@dannyboy we need, like, weekly Boone updates, ok?

ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@dannyboy  Boone is and will be ... a great therapy dog. You are doing excellent work with him. Have known many in my 30 year career as a vet tech. Some? were unlikely breeds too! One I knew ? was Dylan, a Cocker Spaniel - who did search and rescue as well as therapy. He and his remarkable mom helped locate and rescue people from the 9/11 towers. Years after when it became time for him to cross the Rainbow Bridge.. I had the honor of holding him (and his mom)and loving him across to the Other Side as the injection that ended his suffering from cancer let him break free of that worn out and sickened body.  Those dogs that make the best... are the ones who have the hugest hearts of love and care that they bestow on us humans freely and with Joy and Abundance.  Special people and special dogs. Hugs!

Jeanne Mayell and Unk p reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dannyboy)

Well apparently, I'm being encouraged to drop some photos of Boone on the regular.  Here's another of him on that same trip.  Twin the eldest decided he needed to wear her hat.

So he's definitely not puppy sized anymore, despite what these pictures show.  He's nearly as tall as our chocolate lab now.  And Boone is a "Mini" Bernedoodle.  @JourneyWithme2 will attest though a "mini" Berne can be huge.  If you want the tiny ones that look like perpetual puppies there is a size below Mini.  There are also sizes above mini.  But Boone's life expectancy is somewhere between 15-17 years which I think is wonderful.  (We always have big dogs and they make it to a decade or so.  We'll now always have two)

Saga, Michele, matildagirl and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@dannyboy Whatever size he attains? is the perfect size for him ❤️ ( and yes.. Berns ARE large dogs as are Standard poodles!) I would think a standard poodle would have been used here as..toy and miniature are too small to breed to a Bernese Mountain Dog.

Michele and Unk p reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

I was supposed to meet Nancy Pelosi. It had been prearranged by my brother-in-law. I was a volunteer for Madeline Dean and Madam Speaker was the keynote speaker at a campaign party. I came to the event with my Wonder Woman print to give to her.

Toby had taken a turn for the worse and it turned out he was near the end. I went, exhausted, on 3 hours sleep. I caught a glimpse of her entering the room but there was no way to see past the crowd so I sat by myself on a little loveseat. A little dog came over and was snuggling with me. I guess he knew I needed comfort.

I had to get back to Toby so I gave the print to her aide and told him I had used my daughter's face as the model. "It's beautiful." he said.

When I saw the video of her and Chuck Schumer sitting shoulder to shoulder and looking like scared children, it broke my heart. But I also felt proud, because they showed up and were true leaders. Pence and McConnell stepped up, because at the end of the day, we are all just people and we should help each other. 

No photo description available.

LalaBella, Lauren, FEBbby23 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@autisticanthony)
Reputable Member Participant

Posted by: @ghandigirl
I was supposed to meet Nancy Pelosi. It had been prearranged by my brother-in-law. I was a volunteer for Madeline Dean and Madam Speaker was the keynote speaker at a campaign party. I came to the event with my Wonder Woman print to give to her.

Toby had taken a turn for the worse and it turned out he was near the end. I went, exhausted, on 3 hours sleep. I caught a glimpse of her entering the room but there was no way to see past the crowd so I sat by myself on a little loveseat. A little dog came over and was snuggling with me. I guess he knew I needed comfort.

I had to get back to Toby so I gave the print to her aide and told him I had used my daughter's face as the model. "It's beautiful." he said.

When I saw the video of her and Chuck Schumer sitting shoulder to shoulder and looking like scared children, it broke my heart. But I also felt proud, because they showed up and were true leaders. Pence and McConnell stepped up, because at the end of the day, we are all just people and we should help each other. 

No photo description available.

@ghandigirl

When did this happen?  Was it during the last two years of Trump's presidency?

Lauren reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

@autisticanthony 

It was before she became speaker again. I believe it was 2018 but I am not completeiy sure. 

Lauren reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 22
Share: