Notifications
Clear all

Astrology and our predictions

(@ana)
Illustrious Member Registered

Posted by: @allyn

@gbs 

Anyone else seeing a new beginning in their lives, or any improvements?  I hope so, for everyone here.

Major upheavals going on here.  For the good-- I believe-- though not everyone involved sees it that way.  

I've got a ton of Libra in my chart so perhaps the Aries moon (opposing it) has more effect than it might on some other signs.  ??

Lauren reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ana)

ReplyQuote
(@tgraf66)

Given that 2023 began with both Mercury (planet of communication) retrograde in Capricorn (sign of government) and Mars (planet of power) retrograde in Gemini (sign of communication), I don't really expect much forward movement for still a good while, late December at the earliest, but more likely toward the middle or end of January. Merc will be retro again on Jan 1, 2024, but makes its direct station on Jan 2, so while it will still have some effect on communications for that first month, we will be at least beginning to slowly move forward by February. This will be aided greatly by the fact that Mars will enter Capricorn on Jan 5. Mars is exalted in Capricorn, and it's energy is powerfully and positively channeled into government until the middle of February. I look for at least a few gov't officials (i.e., House members and Senators) to be targeted, questioned and possibly indicted for crimes by the DOJ. Venus will also be present in Capricorn in the latter part of the month helping to heal some rifts and smooth things over a bit.

Pluto returns to Aquarius the third week of January, once again focusing its efforts on exposing more of the issues of the population so they can be rooted out and/or transformed. Mars and Venus move through the beginning of Aquarius together during February, conjoining Pluto at 0 degrees on February 14th and 17th respectively before conjoining each other at 7 degrees there. (Personal note: this is within only a few degrees of the exact natal placement of these two in my chart, so I'm interested to see what might manifest for me during this time.) Mercury will be there as well, but will be later in the sign for the two middle weeks at the time of that conjunction. Still, the effects of four planets plus the Sun in Aquarius will give us a heavy imprint of Aquarian energy for 2024, meaning a much stronger push toward power to the 99% instead of the 1%. Keep in mind, however, that both Jupiter and Uranus will be squaring that whole business from Taurus, so there will be stubborn pushback, some of which could be violent. Neptune and Saturn in Pisces will sextile those two Taurus placements though, so that may restrict/dissipate some of that energy.

A longer term view toward Pluto's last brief visit to Capricorn in October is giving me the feeling that will be the final nail in the coffin of both the MAGAt's and the R Party in general as Pluto sweeps away the last of the trash. Coming as it does during the peak of the election season, I suspect many of the worst MAGA representatives in Congress (both houses) will lose their seats, either to D's or at least to more centrist and reasonable R candidates. I would caution anyone against thinking there will be a wholesale blue wave, but as I've mentioned before, I do think the D's will at least take back the House and solidify their majority hold on the Senate.

That's enough blather for now. ;-)  I would welcome and greatly appreciate the input of the other resident astrologers on the site if any of you think I may be misinterpreting anything! 😁

Lawrence, lenor, raincloud and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dracaena)
Honorable Member Registered

@tgraf66 Gives me hope

love &Light

Dracaena

ReplyQuote
 gbs
(@gbs)
Famed Member Registered

Hi all, a US Pluto Return update: This past week transiting Pluto moved to within 1 degree of the US Pluto at 27 degrees Capricorn. It will make an exact and final pass in October, and then the energy of the return will dissipate by end of January 2024. 

We will spend all of October at the crucial 27 degrees Capricorn, so it will be interesting to see what transpires then related to the Plutonian themes of death and rebirth.

Jeanne Mayell, Lauren, Maggieci and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@gbs  very interesting ... Fani Willis is asking for a trial date of Oct.23rd 2023.... hmmmmm!

Jeanne Mayell, Lauren, Maggieci and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

Posted by: @gbs

We will spend all of October at the crucial 27 degrees Capricorn, so it will be interesting to see what transpires then related to the Plutonian themes of death and rebirth.

Posted by: @journeywithme2

@gbs  very interesting ... Fani Willis is asking for a trial date of Oct.23rd 2023.... hmmmmm!

maybe Donald J. Traitor will get the death penalty.

(for the record, I am opposed to the death penalty, but DJT seems to just love it. Remember how he took out a full page ad in the NY Times, calling for the execution of the "Central Park 5", before they even had their trials?  Remember how he hurriedly had a bunch of prisoners on death row executed in the last 2 weeks he was in office?  Remember how he decided to let Covid run rampant, because Jared told him that it was mostly just killing Brown people in blue cities?  I do.)

here is a clip of Divine, channeling DJT, from the John Waters film Female Trouble. The resemblance is uncanny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9YWh8Ubck4&t=60s

Saga, Lauren, Vesta and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lawrence)

@unk-p 

Divine clip was perfect! Opened for him at an LA club when he had a disco record.

Lauren, 2ndfdl, Maggieci and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@billy-mike)
Noble Member Registered

A shared love for "Female Trouble" informs my close friendships, and my wife and I bonded over it early in our forty-year--and ongoing--marriage.  It is pretty wonderful.

Unk p, Lauren, Maggieci and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 gbs
(@gbs)
Famed Member Registered

I just realized that the eclipse tomorrow is square (in a difficult angle) to the Saturn-Pluto conjunction that occurred on January 12, 2020, which heralded the arrival of the Covid pandemic. I'm not sure what to take from this, but I think it has something to do with realizing that we're all deeply interconnected and that we have to all work together if we want to resolve very difficult things. I would welcome others' interpretations.

The eclipse tomorrow is in Libra, sign of relationships. It's square Pluto, planet of transformation, and opposite Chiron, planet of the wounded warrior-healer from mythology. It's also a South Node eclipse, which means we're saying goodbye to something.

That is a lot to process. I can feel it in my mind, which is sky-high with anxiety right now. I'm trying to be kind to myself, to step back and look at the bigger picture, and focus on my garden while holding all the wounded people in the world in my heart. Peace to all of us.

Cynthia Swan, Unk p, Lauren and 6 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cynthia-swan)
Eminent Member Contributor

I agree. This new moon solar eclipse in Libra is on a WORLD POINT at 21 degrees, 8 minutes eastern standard time and it is conjunct that south node (thus an eclipse) so something goes to pave the way for something of greater value. It's a time of fated choices I think. This eclipse in Libra is ruled by Venus and besides beauty and love this goddess is all about VALUE AND VALUES. This is a time of changing values for some and thinking about WORTH on a multitude of levels.  Chiron's involvement makes me think old wounds, reopened so we can look at them as a collective (Libra the sign of WE) as well as individually (Aries the sign of I). And let's not forget the Mars/Pluto conversation ( a square) in the background which is oftentimes a  War like signature. Peace to US all. May Venus help us understand our individual and collective value and in Libra that WE REALLY ARE ALL CONNECTED.  Blessings. 

LivingFree2, Lauren, Vesta and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgraf66)

@cynthia-swan Just to add in a bit here, which I'm not sure yet how to interpret completely. The Ascendant/1st House is, of course, how we are publicly perceived. The chart for Palestine has Venus at 19 degrees of Libra - very close to the end of the 1st (the second begins at 22 degrees Libra) - so the eclipse falls squarely between its natal Venus and the second cusp. Interestingly, the Israeli chart shows the ASC at 23 degrees of Libra. The fact that the eclipse occurs while still in the 12th House of that chart speaks to the "hidden enemies" aspect of the 12th House in the fact of the clandestine nature of how Hamas was able to obtain their information as well as the coverup of Netanyahu and his gov't ignoring warnings of an impending attack.

As you noted, the presence of the South Node in the mix indicates endings. Because it hits the Palestinian chart so late in the 1st, I fear it is the end of their dream of nationhood. For Israel, hitting so close to the actual ascendant may be the end of Netanyahu and his conservative government as well as the end of Israel pretending to play Mr. Nice Guy in the region.

One final note: this is very non-intuitive, but the closer the eclipse is to the ASC, the further out is the effect of the eclipse from the actual date/time of its occurrence, and conversely, the further away from the ASC, the closer in time the effect.

The eclipse doesn't happen until tomorrow morning between 11 AM and 1 PM EST (6 - 9 PM Tel Aviv), meaning that the effect of the eclipse on Israel will have occurred a full week ahead of the eclipse. As for Palestine, I realize that Israel has been bombing the hell out of Gaza for the past few days, but there is likely to be a ground assault tomorrow. In my view, that will make the effect of the eclipse on Palestine seem to be almost immediate, since - if that assault happens - it will happen on the same day of the eclipse. That comports with the fact that the eclipse hits the Palestinian chart so far from the ASC, making the effect closer to the eclipse time.

Unk p and Vesta reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jaidy)
Noble Member Registered

Thanks to all this eclipse astrology info- I have been wondering how to interpret when things will happen since one wouldn’t imagine changes all happen at the moment of the eclipse but how long the effect is and how long things play out from the eclipse. 

Unk p and Vesta reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgraf66)

@jaidy There are some professional astrologers (those who get into the deep, esoteric details) who will tell you that every full or new moon has an effect that can supposedly last for at least several months, and some even say years. Personally, I don't agree with that. I think most if not all astrological events involving personal planets (Sun --> Saturn) have a much more limited effect, on the order of weeks to at most at most a few months, depending on whether the planet has a retrograde cycle during its contact with a point/planet in a chart. The effects of outer planets can be longer simply owing to the fact that they move much more slowly, but they're more generational/universal in their effect anyway.

Unk p, Vesta and Jaidy reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cynthia-swan)

@tgraf66 Yes, the ASC but also worth taking a peek at the 10th house of public image, how does the world view them?  I haven't looked at the individual charts but I appreciate your info.

lenor, Unk p and Vesta reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cynthia-swan)

@tgraf66 I am one of those Liz Greene/Howard Sasportas trained astrologers, 🤔 so I do fall into the group that thinks the timeline can be beyond a few months.  The outer planets, (Uranus, Neptune and Pluto) are "talking" to the luminaries during this solar eclipse in Libra, so I do think the effects, in general, could be more long term. It will certainly be so within the psyches of these souls experiencing this horrific violence. Chiron in Aries is not in a close conjunction to the North Node, so the "wounded healer" isn't kissing the north node in Aries, but still within orb of "holding hands" so the wounds are certainly exposed and raw and the Collective "We" will need to "soldier on" (Aries) as we deal with the repercussions of all that is transpiring at this time.  

All that said, I am not a predictive astrologer and I certainly respect and admire my contemporaries that are.  I appreciate your wisdom.  

lenor, Maggieci, Unk p and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 gbs
(@gbs)
Famed Member Registered

Posted by: @gbs

Hi all, a US Pluto Return update: This past week transiting Pluto moved to within 1 degree of the US Pluto at 27 degrees Capricorn. It will make an exact and final pass in October, and then the energy of the return will dissipate by end of January 2024. 

Bringing this back (perhaps a little prematurely) because we may be seeing the very early green shoots of a rebirth of our democracy. The rebellion of House members against the strong-arm tactics of Jim Jordan to become Speaker is new. And the members who have voted against him aren't just from Biden districts. I wonder if this is the very beginning of a return to moderateness that Andrew Posey has seen in Read the Future nights?

And now we learn today that Sidney Powell has pled guilty and agreed to testify against the other co-defendants in the Georgia case. Again, I wonder if this is the initial breaking-up of the stranglehold that Trump has had on the US body politic?

Maybe it's too soon to judge. And authoritarian movements don't dissolve overnight. But I believe you can chip away at them piece by piece until they no longer threaten democracy.

JKL1907, 2ndfdl, Maggieci and 6 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgraf66)

I have been instructed to post this, but I don't know why. I am to post a reminder that the year began with both Mercury and Mars retrograde, and as such, this entire year has been a time of review and revisiting broad areas and issues of communication and aggression that had not yet received the attention they needed to have, nor had they been handled properly. 

This coming new year will begin with Mars direct in late Sagittarius at 27 degrees (legal issues, particularly regarding the spirit of the law rather than its enforcement, international relations, spirituality) rapidly approaching ingress into Capricorn (legal issues involving the letter of the law - what it actually says - justice, leadership, and legalistic religions and their structures) on Jan 5; and Mercury also retrograde again in late Sagittarius as well, but making its direct station on Jan 1 at 22 degrees.

The fact that these two planets will be within a few degrees of the point at which Mercury made its retrograde station in 2022 going into 2023 seems somehow significant to me, given that - as noted above - the entirety of this year has been under the influence of those retrogrades. Mars will reach the degree of Mercury's December 2023 retrograde (~8 degrees of Capricorn) on Jan 15-16, the day Mercury enters Capricorn, and Mercury will reach ~8 degrees on Jan 21. They will be conjunct in direct motion at ~17 degrees of Capricorn on Jan 27-28.

As an aside (and I hope this doesn't cause too much confusion), Mercury's direct station in January 2022 was on the same degree (~8 degrees of Capricorn) as its retrograde station in December 2022, which seems unusual to me, and I think is what sparked me to look into this a bit. it also seems important that the Sabian symbol for that degree is "An Angel Comes Carrying A Harp", which seems rather a good thing to me. (For in-depth information about Sabian symbols, see here)

Since Mercury will still technically be retrograde on Jan 1, the "day for a month" method of calculating in anno progressions would mean that the majority of January will be still laboring somewhat under the effects of the retrograde, and until both of them have passed the point of the 2022 Mercury retrograde station of ~8 degrees of Capricorn, there will still not be much happening. From Jan 21 on, things will begin to pick up speed, but it will not be until the two planets meet at the end of January that we will begin to see real forward movement. I suspect that at that point such movement will not only be aggressive, it will also be quick and decisive.

I genuinely cannot offer much more in the way of clarity or any interpretation here because none of it seems to want to coalesce in my head. It's just a vague sense in my gut that says these placements are important for some reason. I also don't know what area of any of the current situations any of this really applies to, but since it occurs in Capricorn, I would guess it has something to do with real justice and previously vague legal issues getting resolved in a positive way. I think it may also portend significant progress in Ukraine and/or Israel.

Lauren, JKL1907, Maggieci and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@rennie)
Estimable Member Participant

I've studied astrology for many years, and I'd like to share some resources if anyone is interested in increasing their awareness of astrology cycles. These are all wonderful, gifted writers with continually updated websites. Some of them also offer email subscriptions to their posts, and they're all free! I won't add URLs, it's easy to search and find the sites.

Elisabeth Grace, weekly forecasts sent by email. She also reports on the news with astrological insights.

Marjorie Orr, Astrology of Today's News. She posts often on people in the news, nations and politics, and historical events.

Leah Whitehorse offers free Comic Tides daily emails and weekly forecasts. Very inspiring and beautifully written.

Susan Miller, Astrology Zone. Free monthly forecasts on her site. Detailed and uplifting.

Beth Owl's Daughter posts weekly tarot forecasts that often incorporate astrology notes. Free subscription to also get posts by email.

Finally, if you're interested in reading up on your own chart, Astrodienst has a wealth of free interpretation. You can sign up, put in your chart details (date, time, and place; use noon if you don't know your birth time), and then access daily reports and short-term forecasts. There are also interactive options to click on symbols in your individual chart for info on aspects and house placements.

Enjoy!

Vesta, Lauren, LivingFree2 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgraf66)

This is my take on the current longer-term astrological aspects for TFG over the next year or so. As I've mentioned before, I'm a student of astrology, not a professional, so keep that in mind as you read. Also remember that this is only a brief and probably incomplete overview of how I see it. Others may (and likely will) interpret things differently.

Jupiter (expansion, joviality, creativity) is currently transiting in Taurus (money, possessions, physical comfort) conjunct his midheaven (the pinnacle of public expression) for the next several months. This can be positive or negative, depending on the underlying issues. Although Jupiter is generally seen as a good and positive influence, in actuality it simply expands whatever it touches for good or ill. For example, while Jupiter in the first house of personality may indicate a happy and jolly person, it can also indicate difficulties with overeating and weight gain. In this case, because it is at the very top of his chart, everything about him is being magnified and publicized, including all of his negative attributes. Jupiter being what it is, though, much of that exposure - while very public and splashed all over the headlines - will seem to be glossed over or made to seem somehow unimportant in the public eye. Keep in mind, however, this is a relatively short transit that really acts more as a catalyst for the other more serious transits outlined further down.

In addition to the above, transiting Jupiter sextiles (moderately positive aspect) his conjunction of Venus (love, comfort, ease) and Saturn (lessons, karma, restriction) in Cancer (home, family) in the natal 11th house (friends and associates), making him appear to his friends and supporters as "the good guy".

This transit also squares (negative aspect) his natal Mars (power, force, aggression, desire) in Leo (popularity, leadership, confidence) in the natal 12th house (subconscious mind, institutions (hospitals/prisons), secrets) as well, indicating that his deepest secrets are now being exposed/magnified and will contribute to his downfall, including the highlighting of serious mental health issues.

Another aspect created by this transit is the square to his natal Ascendant (public face, personality) - also in Leo - until later this year. While Leo does have many good traits and is often seen as a benevolent influence in a leadership position, Jupiter squaring this position in his chart highlights the negative aspects of Leo, such as unwarranted vanity, narcissism, greed, and lack of self-awareness, especially when he isn't getting the attention - particularly the positive kind - he thinks he deserves. It will also emphasize his already strong "my way or the highway" vibe. While he will remain popular in some circles and will still be protected by friends and sympathetic associates, we will likely see further expansion of previously hidden mental health issues becoming more public due to the proximity of Mars in the 12th to his Ascendant.

Uranus (unpredictability, sudden change/reversal, rebellion) is transiting the same position as Jupiter in Taurus - conjunct his midheaven, sextile Venus/Saturn conjunction, square Mars and Ascendant - but this will last much longer, on the order of several more months to a year. This indicates that his final fall will be rather sudden and dramatic, but because of the heavy emphasis and concentration of the power of both Jupiter and Uranus on the midheaven - the cusp of the 10th house (public life, career, and the letter of the law), there is the possibility that in addition to legal woes, he may also be the beneficiary of some amount of unexpected legal protection, possibly due to his mental/physical health suddenly and rapidly declining.

Now on to another of the astrological heavies: Saturn. Transiting Saturn in Pisces (fantasy, illusion, dissolution) passing through his 7th house (partnerships, relationships) squares his natal sun in Gemini (communication, persuasion, impulsiveness) in his 10th house (career and public life) showing that both his past and current communications have become and will continue to be the source of his public downfall.

Second, Saturn also squares his natal Moon (emotions, habits) in Sagittarius (expansiveness, exploration, creativity) in it's natural home of the 4th house (home, foundation), indicating that once again, his past relationships and alliances are disrupting, destroying, and restricting his emotional foundation and home. He will likely emotionally perceive this as betrayal and respond accordingly.

Third, Saturn squares his natal Uranus in Gemini - also in the 10th - which will rein in and restrict that unpredictability in public life and force it into a much more restricted and structured form (court trials, gag orders) where it is a huge liability.

On the other hand, Saturn trines (positive aspect) his natal conjunction of Venus and Saturn in Cancer in the 11th house which indicates that he will still have some considerable protection and acceptance from his supporters and many of his associates in the public arena despite the many chickens that are coming home to roost and bringing many lessons and negative karma.

I'm sure there are things I've missed or possibly misinterpreted, so if anyone else has other views, please let me know. :-)

Vesta, Lauren, Carolyn Hughes and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 12 / 12
Share: