Notifications
Clear all

Points of Light During Covid-19

(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator
Topic starter  

This month, The Getty Art Museum challenged people to recreate famous pieces of artwork using only things they had around the house.  Here are some of the best submissions.  They are fantastic.  There are some VERY creative people out there.  

https://www.sadanduseless.com/recreated-art/?fbclid=IwAR0p7is8YOfjt9Q3SK5qzp2903NAUCQzZB4BUm69McJD8UKlP1zYnEJigd0

Jeanne Mayell, LalaBella, lenor and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@isabelle)
Famed Member Registered

@lovendures

You must be so proud of your daughters!  What a terrific gift your town's parade was to everyone. I guess there is beauty to be found...even in the midst of a pandemic...

Jeanne Mayell, lenor, Lovendures and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)
Illustrious Member Registered

Saying prayers and sending healing light and love to our angels here on earth - our healthcare workers! I love this pic and I know it probably has to be remove due to space (though I tried to save it as a 29 size so it wouldn't be problem I hope):

1585793871-doctorangel.png

Jeanne Mayell, Isabelle, lenor and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Topic starter  

@Isabelle,

Thank you!  Yes I am proud of both of them.  The school really wanted to cheer up the kids and let them know their teachers were still ok too.  It was safely run with a lot of heart.. 

Jeanne Mayell, Isabelle, lenor and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Topic starter  

This exchange between the Cuomo Brothers ( Andrew the Gov. and Chris the news anchor with the virus) is classic.  It made my morning.  Visualizing Gov. Cuomo dancing around with a wand...OMG.  ha ha

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/04/02/chris-cuomo-stops-by-gov-andrew-cuomo-press-briefing-vpx.cnn

lenor and lenor reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

@lovendures, I watched Cuomo's briefing this morning and the brothers' exchange.  Very very funny.  

I've been watching Cuomo almost every morning.  He always seems to lift my spirits.  

lenor, FEBbby23, Lovendures and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@goldstone)
Noble Member Registered

Jeanne Mayell, lenor, FEBbby23 and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

@goldstone

I heard on a science show earlier that because so many if us are isolated in oyr houses now, our entire world is quieter all of a sudden.

Scientists with all of their earth and space monitoring equipment can literally hear much smaller movements of volcanic rumblings or earth shaking/shifting plates changes!.

Fascinating and so very very meaningful!

Mother Earth needed us to be quiet so things could slow down and settle down and we could all listen to ourselves and one another and to the earth and all above and all below.

What an amazing time we are all in now.

Now we can learn how to heal ourselves and our earth home and be who and what we all need to be and to become! 

We literally need to be still and listen ?

Jeanne Mayell, lenor, FEBbby23 and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@goldstone)
Noble Member Registered

Grace, Jeanne Mayell, lenor and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Amyv
(@amyv)
Prominent Member Registered

I just wanted to share this sweet nugget. My husband and I are having a bumpy run these past few days, lots of nightmares and odd dreams. Last night I learned that my uncle died yesterday of old age, but because of the virus there will be no funeral and shiva (Jewish custom of mourners visiting and comforting the immediate family of the deceased, for up to 7 days. It can be very very comforting.) We both went to bed last night just so sad. My husband woke up this morning with muscle spasms in his back. After doing some physical things to address the pain, he listened to a guided imagery. My husband has no spiritual beliefs, he was raised as a very good works Unitarian and he is a retired engineering professor. He came downstairs afterward and told me that during the guided imagery, in that state of altered relaxed consciousness, he saw my son walking down a city block, and my mother who died in 2017 flying behind him, as if to protect him. We both cried. My son, who is 28, had texted me today that he was having trouble reassuring himself that things would right themselves.  I immediately called and told him his grandmother was watching him. And really, I sure hope that someone is watching us all.  

Grace, Jeanne Mayell, Lovendures and 23 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@amyv  Thank you for sharing your husband's vision of your mother and your son.  So beautiful. Gave me such heart opening and brought tears.  What a beautiful family. So much love.

BlueBelle, deetoo, lenor and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

I posted this in the music and poetry thread but thought it appropriate to also post this here:

The company I work for helped Lady Gaga get the ONE WORLD TOGETHER AT HOME CONCERT together. It's a global concert and digital special to support front line healthcare workers and the WHO. 

DATE: APRIL 18, 2020 at 8pmET USA.

https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/connect/togetherathome/

Jeanne Mayell, lenor, FEBbby23 and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mcance)
Reputable Member Registered

there was beautiful double rainbow today after a sun shower from this afternoon this too shall pass we will get threw this. 

Jeanne Mayell, lenor, deetoo and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

lenor, deetoo, lenor and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

Just received a message that the Pope is asking all people of the World to pray at 8 p.m. tonight.

Jeanne Mayell, lenor, kksali and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

New York City is so incredible in the way they pull together. Every night at 7 pm the City cheers for the health care workers.  Get a kleenex before watching this video. 

The Nightly Ovation for health care workers may be NYC's Greatest performance yet.  

I remember when living in the city during a drought and the mayor asked people to cut water use and the water use dropped by half in days.

Let's hear it for all those New Yorkers!

Grace, TriciaCT, FEBbby23 and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

So many beautiful stories happening as this Pandemic hits it's peak. Meals on Wheels volunteers (many of them elderly) are staying home so college kids are stepping up with the deliveries

In my town, the high school kids have offered to go to the store for the elderly and high risk folks.  It's such a gift.  

Grace, TriciaCT, FEBbby23 and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@rowsella)
Noble Member Registered

Hi, I just want to make an observation in relation to the pandemic and economy. Normally, I am pretty sensitive, and can get hyped up pretty easily with anxiety etc. But I feel so .... calm. It is almost creepy in a way because of the tragedy going on around me. I do watch the news and today was just horrified by the large trenches with coffins stacked up in them; I tune into what I call "the Cuomo Show" and watch and listen to my governor (he makes me feel even better). I even watch my county executive's presser. I occasionally will watch the address from another state like Michigan, Illinois, or California (all on Youtube at night). I don't watch Trumps pressers but occasionally they will be on the radio station I listen to on the way home from work and I am alternately angered by it or just mocking him (Friday, Trumpey explaining germ theory.. good grief!).

Anyhow I just have this feeling of calm. Like we are ultimately going to be okay. That it is probably good that stores close on Easter Sunday -- and guess what-- the world didn't end, people planned better and picked up what they needed-- Perhaps they can stop opening up on Thanksgiving? That life has slowed down for people and that is a good thing. Maybe people will be less willing to keep their parents in nursing homes and bring them home and work out a way to care for them. I still think there will be a need for nursing homes (for rehab, hospice respite, regular respite care and honestly, some people don't have family or ... kind family that won't abuse them). I am still working but have been dialed down quite a bit and am looking forward to when my hospital starts scheduling electives again and I hope it is soon because I have a concern they may close it down. But, like it is so weird that I am not even stressing about the loss of income! Maybe part of me knows this period won't be for long.

I am pretty sure (in fact I heard it in my head) that Trump's goose is cooked. I also would like to point out that it is not just the US's economy that is in recession, but it is in recession globally. Turning the engine here back on might bring a good day in the stock market but it is not enough to sustain it and it will go back down-- I get the message about market volatility for the next few months.. maybe 6 months.

This virus is a scourge. It is like the Earth is slapping us down for our abuse. I pray and hold the light for those people succumbing to it. I also think the numbers will go up again as they loosen the Pause/stay in place. All travel checkpoints (airports, bus stations, train stations, rest areas) need temperature checks and rapid tests (as well as a policy/plan for what to do with positives with adequate staffing) before they open all that up.

The things that make me angry: People still hoaxing it, comparing it to the flu, people basically writing people off because they are obese (60% of the population is obese!), elderly, with "underlying health conditions" (everyone has an underlying health condition!). It is still not okay and perfectly "healthy" young and middle-aged people can get this and end up on a ventilator and with scarred lung tissue or meeting the end of their mortal coil. But it is not really anger... more like frustration. I guess republicans are going to be trumpy.

Anyhow, I cannot really explain why I feel optimistic. So I have to conclude that I am getting positive messages from my guides that "all is how it is supposed to be." 

Jeanne Mayell, Drolma, Amyv and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Topic starter  

If you did not have a chance to see Andre Bochelli live today you can watch him here.  He performed in the empty Duomo cathedral in Milan.  Just lovey and so meaningful.  

Easter.  Alone in a magnificent Cathedral singing songs of hope and love.  At the end he sings Amazing Grace and it is quite powerful.  It will move you.  It will make you think too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huTUOek4LgU

ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

@lovendures

I saw Andrea Boccelli once in concert and watched the link you provided. I always get goosebumps hearing his voice. Did you know that even though he is blind he rides a bike in his neighborhood in Italy? Amazing!

Also, I spent time in Milan Italy 4+ years ago with my cousins who live in Germany. We drove from Southern Germany through Austria to No. Italy and Milan. Beautiful city. The drive in Austria is breathtaking. I feel so much emotion looking at those areas and seeing the people there with the pandemic and how they sang on their balconies.

Drolma, Lovendures, Drolma and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 10
Share: