Notifications
Clear all

How Are We Doing? Wellness Health Check In. Please be Mindful in Your post.

(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@goldstone. So so soooooo glad to hear you are doing better. We all have our moments when we just need to cry out our despair. I understand and send my love. 

Goldstone, Stargazer, BlueBelle and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)
Illustrious Member Registered

Hi all,

Just checking in to say hi. Planting season is here, so- Rough couple of weeks-lost a beloved pet and remembering the anniversary deaths of loved ones. But so far, so good otherwise, being careful, staying home and staying busy!

deetoo, Lawrence, CC21 and 21 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator
Topic starter  

@polarberry

I am sorry about your pet, that must be difficult.  Pets are members of our family.  

I am curious, what did you decide to plant this season?  I'm I remembering correctly, do you have a farm?

deetoo, TriciaCT, polarberry and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@pikake)
Famed Member Registered

@polarberry As a cat parent and cat “slave”, I feel your pain. Words are really meaningless at a time like this but there must be a little comfort from knowing you gave your beloved pet the best life possible.

deetoo, Grace, polarberry and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@herondreams)
Famed Member Registered

@polarberry

Sorry about the loss of your pet. ? ? ? ? 

Grace, TriciaCT, polarberry and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)

Thanks, everyone. We had him a long time-almost fourteen years. I miss him. He was in a lot of pain so I'm glad he's running free now. Labrador. One of my favorite memories of him is the time he got out and ran off. He heard us calling him, the big turkey, but he loved to run. He came home seven hours later, caked with mud and reeking of cow dung and garbage and Lord knows what else. We opened the front door and he slunk in, and went and laid down by the fireplace. He wouldn't make eye contact for hours. LOL

Lovendures, it's not officially a farm-we call it that, but we have no livestock except some planned chickens. We finally got around to tearing down the nasty coop that was here when we bought the place and haven't gotten a new one yet. Hopefully in the fall.

It looks like one though, minus the heavy equipment. It's acreage, and we grow-ready?-gooseberries, currants, grapes, boysenberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, blueberries of all kinds, peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, corn, melons, and rhubarb. Trees-cherry, peach, apple, and we're going to put in plum, pear and nectarine soon.

deetoo, Jeanne Mayell, Lawrence and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

@polarberry

I’m so sorry for the loss of your fur baby.  What a wonderful story about him!  Quite the character, and quite the delight.  You all were so blessed to share this life together.

Jeanne Mayell, Lawrence, Laynara and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

@polarberry

My sincere sympathy at the loss of your sweet fur baby ? I know he's always going to be around you though...his energy is with you.  I still miss my little Ibbles (i know funny name). He was a toy fox terrier, English breed and I lost him over 24 yrs ago. ❤️ ? 

Jeanne Mayell, deetoo, Lawrence and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

@polarberry hey Polarberry, glad you are back!  i was wondering where you were.  Very sorry about your pup.  Your garden sounds amazing, tho!

@triciact  my dog was half fox terrier and half poodle, and i also lost him about 24 years ago.  You never stop missing them

Jeanne Mayell, deetoo, Laynara and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)

Hi Unk,

Thanks!! Didn't mean to concern; just a lot going on. The garden is pretty cool; a lot of work though. I like plants.

So, this dog and I had a years-long battle for the fireplace in the winter. When I am cold, I like to stand directly in front of it until I warm up. That was his favorite sleeping spot, especially as he got older. So I'd walk over, tell him to move, and he'd look at me as if to say, "Whatcha gonna do about it?" Or he would ignore eye contact but leisurely stretch his entire body like, aw, warmth! He was a big boy. There were times when I actually got down on all fours to slide him out of the way. Then as soon as I left, he'd be right back in front of it and the situation would start all over again. The whole family jokes about it.

They really are like kids with fur.

Jeanne Mayell, Laynara, Unk p and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

Something to brighten the day. This family is too adorable:

Family Lockdown Boogie

Jeanne Mayell, TriciaCT, Unk p and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laynara)
Noble Member Registered

@laura-f i loved it ! It made me laugh ?

Jeanne Mayell, Unk p, polarberry and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)

Same here! That was awesome. ? 

Jeanne Mayell, Unk p, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laynara)
Noble Member Registered

Hello everyone just checking in, I'm surprisingly doing much better. I am felt a sense of calmness when I close my eyes and think of the future I don't understand that. I have been feeling everything is gonna be okay there are good people out there going to help us through these changes. ? I hope everyone is doing better as well and you have wonderful nights.

Grace, Jeanne Mayell, MILILANI and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)

Tricia and Unk, I would love to hear about your dogs. I've wondered if maybe we could have a pets topic ? to talk about our furbabies, past, present and future.

Jeanne Mayell, Laynara, deetoo and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

@laura-f

OMG that was so good! I kept thinking how that took a lot of practice and gave a lot of credit to this family for making it. Thanks for sharing - gave me a bunch of smiles today! TGIF!!! ? ? 

Jeanne Mayell, LalaBella, Laynara and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

@polarberry, I think that a Pets topic is a great idea.  They are such a joy and comfort.  We lost our sweet Gracie about three years ago, and we still miss her.  I believe all of us who have co-inhabited with our furry friends certainly have some stories to share!

Gracie was a rescue, and we were planning to adopt this spring.  Then this pandemic hit.  We're trying to figure out a way to still accomplish that.

Jeanne Mayell, Laynara, polarberry and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

@polarberry

So I was married for a few months in 1984 (I was in shock and grieving in 1983 when my mom passed away suddenly and I married my then boyfriend to cling to someone). My ex brought a little toy fox terrier named Tattoo into the picture. He never liked the name Tattoo but he loved his kibbles and bits so we named him Ibbles. Ibbles ran to me the first time he ever heard that name. I was not even a fan of his at first since my ex brought him home without telling me, but he won me over. He loved his daddy but suddenly he acted like the sun rose and shone on just me - mom. I loved that little dog like he was my child. My ex was not a good guy it turned out and one day he said to me "you love that dog more than me" and I said "yep - he's LOYAL, unlike you who cheats on me". I dumped my ex and kept the dog.

One of the funniest memories I have is that whenever I tried to take Ibbles picture he would stick his tongue out! He was so smart and he adored me and vice versa. One day he was chewing on a mylar bone and I asked him out loud "do you love your mommy"?  he dropped the bone, ran over to me on the couch, kissed my cheek, then ran back to his bed with his bone. My mouth hung open as to how smart he was.

1588952971-IBBLES.jpg

Goldstone, Jeanne Mayell, Unk p and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@yogagirl)
Famed Member Registered

I think we need a pet topic too!  I lost my outside kitty the first of April.  I shared him with my next door neighbor.  He was here when I moved in to my house and slowly warmed up to me.  He was a big orange kitty.  He wasn't litter trained  so if he stayed inat night  when i t was cold out he would wake me by sitting by my head and purring as loud ashe could.  And he could PURR!!!! He injested a toxic substance somehow an  was gone in  a day.  The worst thing was we couldn't be with him at the vet due to the virus.  I felt so bad and guilty for not saying goodbye.  Two weeks ago I fell asleep in my chair and when I woke up he was sitting next to the dining room door.  I could hear his purr and he looked at me for a few minutes then walked  away.  My neighbor had the same experience the next night.  We like to think he was telling us he was ok and he knew we loved him.

Goldstone, Jeanne Mayell, DianaMarieC and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laynara)
Noble Member Registered

@triciact that was such a beautiful story ?

Goldstone, Jeanne Mayell, Goldstone and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 15 / 29
Share: