Notifications
Clear all

Basic rations to survive a pandemic

(@rosieheart)
Famed Member Registered

@journeywithme2

Thank you very much for that link to the Solfeggio music.  I have been extremely stressed all day to the point where I was close to having an anxiety attack.  Listening to this helped me re-center and now I am off to bed, feeling much calmer.

Hope your son is feeling better soon!

JourneyWithMe2, Lilinoe, Frank and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Arizona is officially the most concerned state regarding the lack of toilet paper in the entire country.   I know there is a meme here...

https://www.kgun9.com/news/local-news/data-says-arizona-is-the-state-most-concerned-about-toilet-paper-availability

LalaBella, Lilinoe, LalaBella and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)
Illustrious Member Registered

@rosieheart

you are most welcome!!! Hope that you rested deeply and well. I, and some friends, use these sounds,frequencies in pain management for auto-immune conditions. To get in a comfortable position and plug in to with some headphones is to totally relax and ease many things dependent on what you are working to Heal and which frequency is used for it. I listened to it yesterday after I saged the house and had a really good nap...which surprised me after getting the news I got!

Lilinoe, Michele, Lilinoe and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@elaineg)
Famed Member Registered

My daughter in Arizona said she's OK on TP, but my 'homeless man'  said he's running short. I told him, I'd buy him some on payday if they had some. I'm going to give him some tissues, but I'm being selfish, I want to keep what I have. I am worried about lack of cat food. What I do find is over 2-3 dollars for 13 oz can. I could go to dry if Walmart gets it in.   

ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

OK, so not really a basic survival ration, but since all forms of art are of benefit one way or another here's a guide to 15 Broadway Musicals to Watch at Home

Most of them are on Amazon Prime...

Kateinpdx, Michele, Lilinoe and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@laura-f

I disagree! Mental Health IS a BASIC SURVIVAL need!  Thank you for sharing!!!!!  many online sources for movies, reading, online tours of museums etc.  Share all we can.. the next few weeks we need to share all the good news we can.

Michele, Lilinoe, PenelopeFP and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mas1581)

If we are all looking for entertainment during this period, I think we make @Lawrence put together a greatest hits package of his works and then we all watch and return here with our critiques. Hahahaha

Hopefully this made someone laugh.

Coyote, JourneyWithMe2, Michele and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

Toilet paper makers:  'What we are dealing with here is uncharted'

They were already running 24 /7 before the crisis.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/17/business/toilet-paper-supply-chain-coronavirus/index.html

JourneyWithMe2, TriciaCT, JourneyWithMe2 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lawrence)

@mas1581

Made me smile! Thanks for the vote of confidence. Here's a sample:

Www.lawrenceleritz.com 

The dance video of "Jump" is very joyful. 

SisterMoon, Lilinoe, deetoo and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

@mas1581

I think you might be on to something.  

@Lawrence, do you perform  comedy because you could post something to and make us laugh  With late night going dark and no SNL anymore, it is going to get dark pretty soon.  

How does a nation/world go through a crisis without real time comedy?  Especially since every day HUGE changes occur in our new reality. 

Lilinoe, deetoo, JourneyWithMe2 and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

OK - I have something fun but not funny for you all. I used to do a lot of video/TV acting work in DC. One of my BEST roles was in a true crime reenactment show called "Nightmare Next Door". If you have Hulu, search for it, and find episode 7/season 6 - "Last Call". I got to play a suspected murderer!!

It was such a fun 3 day shoot, I miss doing those. I'm in another episode also, called "Truett Street", but I can't find it anywhere. In that one I was the victim.

Lilinoe, BlueBelle, deetoo and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

@lawrence

Absolutely phenomenal resume and multi-talented abilities! 

What a hoot to imagine that mind/ahem-body/and spirit behind the curtain here. 

Awe-some! 

SisterMoon, Lilinoe, deetoo and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lawrence)

@michele-b

Thank you!

Lilinoe, Michele, TriciaCT and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)

lawrence,

O.M.G. Hats off to you, sir! ? 

Laura F., I will try to find that!

Lilinoe, Michele, TriciaCT and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

@lawrence

Very impressive! One of our favorite shows is Marvelous Mrs. Maisel ❤️ . Thank you for sharing Lawrence!

Lilinoe, Michele, deetoo and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

@lawrence, Cool!  Love the video.  And such a long and rich performance history!  Thank you for sharing with us.

Meant to ask you about Broadway these days:  because of this pandemic, did I hear something about some Broadway shows now being available to watch online?   I thought I heard something like that mentioned on NPR this morning.    

@laura-f, I'd heard of Nightmare Next Door -- that sounds like a fun experience.  I'll have to look that one up.  I bet you loved playing the suspected murderer -- must have appealed to the "lil' devil" in you!    

LalaBella, TriciaCT, Lawrence and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

Surviving this pandemic is more than just shopping for rations as everyone has discovered. 

Meanwhile this morning I made a new thread that I'm the only one who has posted on.

Come on over and share how you're doing and coping especially if you've already practicing social isolation or been quarantined. 

We were put into quarantine by our kids several weeks ago. I cheated on the first day by going to a small grocery store that opened at 6 a.m. for fresh fruit and vegetables. 

Now that many of you may be self-isolating come over there to share. I'm feeling really lonely being the only one on a thread all day ?

https://www.jeannemayell.com/community/the-coronavirus-covid-19/self-isolating-self-quarantined-our-new-ways-of-living-and-coping/

TriciaCT, polarberry, Coyote and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@rowsella)
Noble Member Registered

I went to Wegmans on my way home today and even jar spaghetti sauce is rationed. There was hardly any pasta left-- just the expensive stuff which gave me a great excuse to buy it. Of course no TP that supply disappeared last week (although I found a couple packages at Staples). Dried beans and rice are sold out, I did purchase some canned beans. I don't need rice. I also picked up some yeast, yogurt, labne, cream cheese, bagels and a fresh loaf of bread. All the fresh bakery stuff was prepackaged. (I even noticed at work they packaged all the condiments into containers for people to grab instead of using the communal pump containers). Leaving I kicked myself for not picking up a huge bag of apples.Thing is, I went looking for coffee filters and found them!  .Maybe next time. I am sad we won't have farmers markets next week although I wonder if the independent farm stands will still do business on a weekend drive. Aldi was out of most things I needed-- we are talking empty freezers, dairy cases, coffee shelves, etc. so I just walked out buying nothing.

TriciaCT, Lilinoe, deetoo and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@rowsella)
Noble Member Registered

I wonder if the seed companies will still be shipping? I may need to grow my veggies this year the way things are going irt resupply.

TriciaCT, Lilinoe, deetoo and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@coyote)

I was able to get to my local library an hour before it closed indefinitely last Friday. I stocked up on 3,199 pages worth of fiction (spread out between five books, see below). I also have a Kindle that my brother gave me for Christmas, plus a bunch of nonfiction books already on my bookshelf that I just haven't gotten around to yet. 

1584485056-IMG_0830.jpg

Some people get excited by their Netflix/Hulu/Amazon Prime streams. I'm going to have fun with these babies instead!

TriciaCT, Lilinoe, Laynara and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 6
Share: