Notifications
Clear all

Reading Our Pets

(@ana)
Illustrious Member Registered

@yogagirl  Thank you for your message.  I've lost a number of animals (dogs, cats,  even mourned a crazy amount over my son's gerbils)  but this is hitting me worse than most.  I think because Charky was so, so bonded to us.  He was a people cat--  HAD to be with his people, always. 

Jeanne Mayell, Tiger-n-Owl, deetoo and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ana)

@pikake  I never before heard that an animal might have to "sleep" a while after passing.  That does make sense (in a non-logical metaphysical way. :-)  )    I had a series of short semi-lucid dream vignettes last night.   In all of them I saw Charcoal.  But he did not acknowledge my presence.  In one vignette, I tried to pet him but he was cold to the touch and unresponsive even though he appeared "alive".  In another, there were three identical sort of holograms of him side by side.  I called to them but they did not respond.  Perhaps that was spirit showing me he was there, but he is not ready to wake up (??)  

There used to be a highly regarded astrologer/reader/witch/pet communicator in my area.  After my last cat died back in 2009,  she gave me some info about the cat's new, reincarnated life that I dismissed at the time, but which later had kind of blown my mind.  I would love to consult her but unfortunately she herself has "moved on".   Ah well. 

Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle, Tiger-n-Owl and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Avon
(@avon)
Noble Member Registered

Hi all, this is my first post, I've been a lurker for quite a while though. Of all the things that would bring me out of the woodwork, it's pets. Love pets and animals in general, more than anything, they truly are just pure love and happiness.

@ana so sorry to hear of your little Charcoal, it's truly never easy losing a pet. I hope you get to visit in your dreams! I've had so many animals in my life over the years. But I just lost my dog Scout this past fall, I still miss him dearly. He was almost 14 when he passed, I had him since the day he was born in my brothers closet to the day I said goodbye. He was the gentlest, sweetest most patient boy. I also felt guilty, guilty keeping him with me longer than needed, but also guilty saying goodbye, was it the right time, etc. He was suffering from arthritis and no amount of pain meds seemed to be helping anymore. Watching him try to lay down was just too heartbreaking to watch. Jeanne actually saw him when I had a reading with her recently, it lifted my heart! I know he's in a better place, happy and healthy again. Whenever I pass, I hope to see all my furry faces again!! 

I have 3 pets currently, 2 cats, Oscar and Gus, and a 6-month-old puppy Amos, who is insane in the membrane half the time, haha. I had his DNA done, turns out he's a true Heinz 57, but mostly Poodle, Maltese, Schnauzer. I can't wait for him to calm down, I forgot how crazy puppies can be. I think he was sent to me to liven up our household, he gets me moving chasing him around. ? He's a goofy little toot though, makes me laugh and smile a lot with his puppy antics. 

Jeanne Mayell, Michele, Tiger-n-Owl and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@zoron)

I have a calico cat named sumi and  2,1month old boy rats ceasar and sparticus. I have had many rats in the past, loved them all dearly and still miss them all. :(

(wish i could post pics here of them but cant figure out how)

Jeanne Mayell, Tiger-n-Owl, Iridium and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@pikake)
Famed Member Registered

@ratbum Love calicos, would love to see your photos - Kealani, now my animal spirit guide, was a calico. There’s an option to attach a file at the bottom of the reply box. You just need to click on the “choose file” link to pick what you want to upload. See attached photo:-)

1589279899-7EF0A9D3-D0E4-4DFC-8FF8-576BA2B22337.jpeg

Jeanne Mayell, Tiger-n-Owl, Laynara and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@pikake)
Famed Member Registered

Posted by: @ana

I never before heard that an animal might have to "sleep" a while after passing.  That does make sense (in a non-logical metaphysical way. ?  ) 

@ana That piece came through two animal communicators. They explained that a pet needs the “rest” especially after an illness or a trauma. In Kealani’s case, it was both. 

I can feel how much you are missing Charcoal’s physical absence - it’s like a measurable hole in your space. But I’m glad you are getting some contact/messages and am sure they will become more warm and vivid in next dream encounters. 

Jeanne Mayell, Tiger-n-Owl, Iridium and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@pikake, It's interesting that our dog, Gracie, was strongly present in our home immediately after she passed.  She stayed around for about 5 days.  She had cancer and was in pain in those final days, even after we increased her medication.  Perhaps Gracie also spent some time resting in our home on that ratty comforter, before she moved on.   I can see her doing that.  

Jeanne Mayell, TriciaCT, Tiger-n-Owl and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@pikake)
Famed Member Registered

@deetoo That’s so beautiful, to have been able to sense her presence. It was definitely a gift of love from her. Our pets know how much we’ll miss them once they’ve moved on and they stay or rest around to sooth our pain. They are still with us, they are just in another room & perhaps Gracie has a version of the ratty comforter in that room. ❤️

Jeanne Mayell, Iridium, TriciaCT and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

@pikake, yes it was a beautiful gift.  We had Gracie euthanized in our vet's office (I think if we had to ever do that again, we would do it at home).   I felt Gracie the moment that she passed over.  Of course my husband and I were quite distraught when we left the vet's office.  Gracie's comforter was always by our front door, and as soon as we opened the door to the empty house -- BAM!  Her spirit was so strong that it almost knocked me over.  She would follow me into some areas of the house that she frequented.  Her presence became weaker over the next five days, until she was gone.  I laughed and told my husband, Gracie left because she couldn't find any treats!  That dog had a two-track mind -- squirrel chasing and food.

One day I blurted out to my husband, Gracie has reincarnated.  I felt her physical presence on this earth.  I prayed that she was happy and cared for.  

The entire experience was a surprise, especially since this was the first time I lived with a furry companion.  

Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle, LalaBella and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)

What do you call a dog in a vegetable garden?

A Collie-flower!

Jeanne Mayell, TriciaCT, Tiger-n-Owl and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@pikake)
Famed Member Registered

@deetoo You’ve such a wonderful gift - feeling Gracie’s presence and her reincarnation must have been comforting. I was too obtuse to fully sense Kealani, so I had to work with animal communicators. In her memory, I started a cat-centric publishing company and we donate a % of net proceeds to help cats in need. A more sustainable legacy rather than a one-off donation made more sense to me - as if every time a book is sold, some distressed cat would be helped in her name.

Within 6 months, I ached for the warm presence of a cat and the Universe arranged for us to find our beautiful Pikake.

Are you planning to adopt another dog soon? ❤️

Jeanne Mayell, TriciaCT, Tiger-n-Owl and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

@pikake, what a beautiful tribute to Kealani -- a cat-centric publishing company!  Is your background in publishing?

My husband and I were planning to adopt another dog this spring, and then this pandemic hit. Hopefully we can still do that.

@polarberry, What do you call the offspring of a cantaloupe and a collie?
A melon-collie-baby.

Jeanne Mayell, TriciaCT, Tiger-n-Owl and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stargazer)

@pikake

I have so enjoyed all the posts here on this thread ... and especially your beautiful Pikake ...

Looking into those lovely infinite eyes of hers, that reflect such wisdom and amusement at our 'human folly'..... ?

How lucky you are to have such a sweet grace in your life ...

She reminds me of the Dalai Lama's favorite little companion ...?

ReplyQuote
(@zoron)

Im on mobile and option to upload an image doesnt exist for me. Oh well

Jeanne Mayell, Tiger-n-Owl, deetoo and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laynara)
Noble Member Registered

I found a picture of a family pet he was a Rottweiler mix and thought he was a lap dog, he chased and ate rocks, and would lay by my feet at night. My grandma got him from the shelter and they said he was a Chihuahua but later found out what his breed really was and he was gonna be to big for her to handle so we took him in. He moved to NY with my family and got hit by a car on Memorial day and passed on. I didn't know at first it was him but i had a feeling something happened and it overwhelmed me with sadness.

1589333918-received_3123208754384878.jpeg

Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle, Grace and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

Aw, @ratbum, I'm sorry you can't upload the images.  I'l love to see the pics.  Perhaps at some point you'll find a way to do it.

@laynara, what a beautiful Rottweiler mix!  Such soulful eyes.

Jeanne Mayell, Tiger-n-Owl, polarberry and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

@laynara and @deetoo

So sorry about your furry loved ones. Dee, what a gift to have felt Gracie afterwards! That's the hard part about our furry family. ? 

Laynara: I'm so sorry about your adorable rottweiler mix. Funny that she thought it was a Chihuahua at first! The face is very sweet.  HUGS to you both!  xo

Jeanne Mayell, Laynara, deetoo and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)

Did you guys know cats enjoy mice cream on a hot day?

Jeanne Mayell, deetoo, TriciaCT and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@pikake)
Famed Member Registered

Posted by: @deetoo

what a beautiful tribute to Kealani -- a cat-centric publishing company!  Is your background in publishing?

@deetoo Those are very nice words, thank you. Like many people, I have reinvented myself many times. My background is writing & then investing and now ghostwriting, although increasingly I want to focus on writing and publishing cat books. Definitely a crazy cat lady here.

Jeanne Mayell, Laynara, deetoo and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ana)

Thank you all for your kind words and stories.   It's almost a week since Charcoal died and it keeps hitting me in waves.  But I know it will get better.  And if reincarnation is real (I remain open-minded both ways) he will come back to me if it's the right thing. 

Jeanne Mayell, polarberry, TriciaCT and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 29
Share: